Here I come with the solution to install to Android Market Application (Vending.apk) to emulator. Please have a look on the required steps I've taken.
1) Downloaded and installed the android SDK.
2) Run the command prompt and go to the tools dir in the SDK.
3) Generated an avd with 1.5 as target with the a default hardware profile. ('android list target' get a list of targets, 'android create avd -n enhanced -t 2' creates the avd as target 2)
4) Download and unzip this image file. update-cm-3.6.5-signed.system.img.zip (http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/upda ... em.img.zip) extracted it and put the system.img in the enhanced.avd folder ("C:\Documents and Settings\rohit\.android\avd\enhanced.avd").
5) Opened the emulator through a project in eclipe. But can be done as command as well 'emulator -avd enhanced'.
The solution is tested and working fine.
I need to do this when I need to launch an application available on android market with "market://" URL.
Here is how I did that:
[font=Courier New]Intent intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW, Uri.parse("market://search?q=pname:com.cdnsol.t2g.main"));
I hope this will help you