How to run my app on my mobile phone

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

How to run my app on my mobile phone

Postby stevecallahan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:48 am

I'm new to Eclipse and have so far been using an AVD to run my app. I know want to test some of the media options and so need to use my phone. How do I configure Eclipse to load my app on to my Android phone?
stevecallahan
Freshman
Freshman

Re: How to run my app on my mobile phone

Postby Mardaneus » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Just plug in your phone to your computer and run a Eclipse project. (Use the dropdown next to the Run command, and run it as an Android application). The computer should recognize your Android phone (ADB does this) and start the application on the phone.
Mardaneus
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby raj_J2ME » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:15 am

stevecallahan wrote:I'm new to Eclipse and have so far been using an AVD to run my app. I know want to test some of the media options and so need to use my phone. How do I configure Eclipse to load my app on to my Android phone?

Hi, Before you can run your application on a device, you must perform some basic setup for your device:

* Declare your application as debuggable in your manifest
* Enable USB Debugging on your device
* Ensure that your development computer can detect your device when connected via USB
Once set up and your device is connected via USB, install your application on the device by selecting Run > Run (or Run > Debug) from the Eclipse menu bar... :)

For more option about the settings you can check this http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html#setting-up,
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby indiawebdevelop » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 am

I think the given solution to run a Eclipse project is perfect but its fact that for all mobile apps have different ways to run.
indiawebdevelop
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems