How to run GPS based application in Android SDK Emulator?

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

How to run GPS based application in Android SDK Emulator?

Postby raghavendra » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi All,

Currently I am writing an Android application which uses WikiTude API. I installed the WikiTude browser application in the Android SDK emulator from Android Market (To get Android Market in emulator I followed this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive ... 29170.html).

When I run the WikiTude browser application in emulator it asks me to set location settings. I enabled “Enable GPS satellites” option & run the application, again it make an alert for location settings. I am not able to run this application. Please help me.

Can anyone tell me is it possible to run GPS based application in Android Emulator? Or not?

If it is, Is there any work around to run GPS based application in emulator?

Any help will be greatly appreciated…

Thanks in Advance……..
Raghavendra K
raghavendra
Freshman
Freshman

It is possible to use the GPS in the emulator.

Postby brownie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Hi,

the emulator gives you control on the GPS and the ability to simulate GPS locations.
If you use Eclipse for the dev(and you should!) look the "DDMS" which contains all of the options
regarding the emulator. you will find there an emulator control window with GPS and service control.

look for a small button with "DDMS" on it (upper right part of the screen) to display these windows.

good luck,
brownie
brownie
Freshman
Freshman

Postby raghavendra » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:56 am

Hi brownie,

Thank you. I will follow your suggestions......
raghavendra
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems