How to reload an application.

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

How to reload an application.

Postby engammalsko » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Hi, I'm new to both java and android.
I run the Android 3.0 emulator with Eclipse on my Ubuntu machine.

And I'm just wondering if there is a way to reload my application in the android emulator while chaning the code in Eclipse.
For example, when I change a text in Eclipse and save it, can I make the emulator update the application without turning it off every time? Maybe it updates automatically, I can't tell because it's so slow.

Is there a way of making it run faster? Changing android version? Change some setting or code? Or some plugin etc?
Sorry but I'm really new to this.
engammalsko
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: How to reload an application.

Postby raj_J2ME » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:14 pm

engammalsko wrote:For example, when I change a text in Eclipse and save it, can I make the emulator update the application without turning it off every time? Maybe it updates automatically, I can't tell because it's so slow.

AFAIK, you have to rebuild the code and then only your updation will be there, and also you need not know close the simulator every time, you just run the project and it will start in the previously opened simulator instance.

engammalsko wrote:Is there a way of making it run faster? Changing android version? Change some setting or code? Or some plugin etc?
Sorry but I'm really new to this.

There is a little bit you can do about, you have to have a workstation with the good configuration.
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems