How to Convert/Import AVCHD to iMovie on Mac

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

How to Convert/Import AVCHD to iMovie on Mac

Postby markwonng » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:45 pm

"I have a Macbook with Mac OS X and iLife 09 installed. I just bought a new Canon camcorder. I can download the photos but I am unable to open AVCHD to iMovie. They are in MTS format(AVCHD). Is there any software which I canimport AVCHD to imovie?" -- Question from Shen L. US

"I am still on the Tiger operating system and I just bought the Canon Hg20 camcorder and when I tried to edit the film onto my computer, it wouldn't allow the feed to go through. Does avchd not work with imovie 11 and if not is there any way I can make it without having to buy imovie 11?" -- Question from Ray US.

For a hassle free experience, you may need to convert your AVCHD in iMovie friendly format like MOV with a professional AVCHD to iMovie Converter for Mac. AVCHD to iMovie Converter for Mac is recommended to either convert AVCHD to iMoive, or transcode MTS to iMoive compatible formats like AIC MOV or DV. No matter what version of iMovie you are in use, and what Mac system you are working on, it will assist you to import MTS/M2TS AVCHD files to iMovie for editing smoothly.

Step 1. Add AVCHD files to AVCHD Converter for Mac

Click the "Add Video" button to load the AVCHD video files from your camcorder to the Mac AVCHD Converter. You can import several AVCHD files simultaneously

Step 2. Set output options

Choose the source file and click the "Profile" drop-down list. Then you can choose the "Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)" for iMovie.

Step 3. Customize your videos (optional)

Besides essential conversion ability, this AVCHD to iMovie converter also provides powerful editing tools to enhance your video effect: e.g. Trim, split, Crop, Effect, Watermark, Subtitles.

Step 4. Convert AVCHD to MOV for iMovie

After all these settings, you can click the "Convert" button to convert AVCHD files to MOV for iMovie

Extended Knowledge: What is a AVCHD files?

Short for Advanced Video Coding High Definition, AVCHD is a format for High Definition (HD) video (for recording and playback) that uses 3.2" mini-DVD discs. Data is compressed using a codec based on the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 standard. AVCHD discs can store video at many different resolutions and frame rates, including 480i at 60fps, 720p at 24, 50, or 60fps, 1080i for 50fps and 60fps, and 1080p at 24fpspassword protect usb
password usb drive
password protect folder
password protect usb drive
markwonng
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems