how to convert AVI to QuickTime MOV on Mac

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

how to convert AVI to QuickTime MOV on Mac

Postby markwonng » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:05 pm

"Can Quicktime Pro convert .AVI files to .MOV files? I want to be able to convert .avi files into .mov files so that I can edit those movies in iMovie on my Mac. Can the program Quicktime Pro convert .avi to .mov? I don't want to spend the money and upgrade to pro unless I know it can do what I want. I would like Quicktime Pro, as it is a commercial product that is tried and tested and so on, but if anyone knows of any freeware that is KNOWN TO ACTUALLY WORK ON A MAC that can convert .avi to .mov, please let me know."

"How to change .MOV to .AVI? My camera uploads as a .MOV file, and I want to edit them on Windows Movie Maker. I have a Video Converter, but it only converts half of the movie. What is a GOOD fast, safe, video converter i can download?"

To convert convert avi to mov os, You should choose an professional Video Converter for Mac help to do so. Here we recommend a professional video converting program for mac users which has preconfigured an optimized format for quicktime and iMovie. With the help of the straight forward avi to mov mac, you can quickly and efficiently convert WMV to quicktime mov. Just follow the step-by-step tutorial below to accomplish convert avi to mov mac in a few clicks on any Mac running Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Lion etc.

Step 1: Do the essential settings

Click "Add" button on the program main interface to load mov to avi mac files you want.

Step 2: Select Output Profile

Click on the file format of the original video on the video processing list, and then it will switch to the following output file format choosing panel.Step 3: Video Effect Settings

Go to the video edit panel to add some individualized features to the output.

Step 4: convert mov to avi mac

Extended Knowledge:
MOV is a file extension used by the QuickTime-wrapped files. The format was created by Apple Computer to work with multimedia files. Though MOV files are quite often found in the web, to play them on Windows computer one has to install an extra component or convert to other format. MOV is a container format and can contain video, animation, graphics, 3D and virtual reality (VR) content or text (for subtitles, for example). The advantage of MOV files is the ability to contain abstract data references for the media data. It means that they can be easily edited - no need to rewrite all media data after editing.
markwonng
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems