How to access internet from android emulator?

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

How to access internet from android emulator?

Postby softmfq » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:46 pm

I am using android platform 2.3, when i start it it works fine, i have configured eclipse with it, but i can't access internet within emulator, i have also set all proxy where it is required plz tell me step by step procedure of this problem
and also tell me the required hardwares that need to be added virtual machine
thanks
softmfq
Freshman
Freshman

Re: How to access internet from android emulator?

Postby m1shk4 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:21 pm

Did you add
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
to AndroidManifest.xml?
m1shk4
Developer
Developer

Postby softmfq » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 pm

no still the same problem actually i am using android emulator in my University labs, if we want to access internet we have to add proxy to browser, i have also set proxy in emulator and eclipse but the problem is still same plz tell me step by step
i have try it at my home PC but there it work fine i have just created my virtual machine and from there i can directly access from android virtual machine
i am using internet in a shared environment at my university plz give me solution related to that
softmfq
Freshman
Freshman

Postby softmfq » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:38 pm

no still the same problem actually i am using android emulator in my University labs, if we want to access internet we have to add proxy to browser, i have also set proxy in emulator and eclipse but the problem is still same plz tell me step by step
i have try it at my home PC but there it work fine i have just created my virtual machine and from there i can directly access from android virtual machine
i am using internet in a shared environment at my university plz give me solution related to that
softmfq
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems