Emulator: ZBUFFER problem

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Emulator: ZBUFFER problem

Postby SkyNet800 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Hi.

I`m developing an OPENGL-ES application.

When I create a simple texturized 3D cube, it looks perfect, but when I create a complex texturized scene (a car over a scenary), the emulator shows painting problems.

Some polygons are painted like if normals were wrong, but HTC G1 shows the scene perfect without any problem. You can see this problem at attached images.

I´ve seen that painting order affects directly to this problem. I meen that if I call DRAWELEMENTS to paint car and then I call DRAWELEMENTS again to paint scenery, the emulator shows scenery OVER the car, and if I change DRAWELEMENTS order, then the car is shown over the scenery, but this only happends it the emulator, HTC works perfect in both cases. Shocked

I think this is the same problem that causes that the car is painted wrong itself, painting some black triangles.

¿Does anybody know if there is a problem with OPENGLES ZBUFFER and android emulator?

Thanks.
Attachments
Imagen036.png
Imagen036.png (170.33 KiB) Viewed 766 times
Imagen037.png
Imagen037.png (527.82 KiB) Viewed 766 times
SkyNet800
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby SkyNet800 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:04 am

Ok...

I´ve seen that if I disable GL_DEPTH_TEST, i can see both images (emulator and G1) with same error.

Then, I think that the EMULATOR IGNORES "gl.glEnable(GL10.GL_DEPTH_TEST);" call.
SkyNet800
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby SkyNet800 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:57 am

Hello again! ;D

I´ve installed SDK 1.5, and after some adaptations, I´ve seen that THIS BUG HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!!!
SkyNet800
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems