Emulator help defining environment variables (SOLVED)

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Emulator help defining environment variables (SOLVED)

Postby newbsauce » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Greetings!

This is my first attempt at developing with android. Im in the process of following the "Hello World!" tutorial on the android developers website.

windows vista 32 bit
eclipse helios
latest android plugin
everything installed fine, the plugin starts from eclipse. i can create an avd fine, but trying to start the emulator i develop problems.

My .android folder is located at:
C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\Tim's Documents\New Folder\.android
I believe eclipse and the plugin are saving everything to:
C:\Users\Tim

I tried defining an environment variable named ANDROID_SDK_HOME and pointing it towards C:\Users|Tim but to no avail. the emulator still says it cant find "my_avd" or whatever i decide to name it... I tried copy and pasting the .android folder to C:\Users\Tim and the emulator started fine. A little box appeared that said ANDROID in the middle of it. When I tried to run my code the whole shebang just crashed...

Do i have my environment variable set correctly? Why does eclipse and the plugin save all their stuff to C:\Users\Tim, while the emulator saves everything to C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\Tim's Documents\New Folder\.android?

thanks in advance,
~Tim
Last edited by newbsauce on Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newbsauce
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Emulator help defining environment variables

Postby newbsauce » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:41 pm

actually setting the environment variable did work. i just had to restart my computer haha. and i set it to

Code: Select all
C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\Tim's Documents\New Folder
newbsauce
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems