Emulator Hangup

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Emulator Hangup

Postby pranav09 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:12 am

Hi all,

When i run any application on the emulator, it is run but if i want to close the emulator, it does not close. It means that my emulator is hangup. It does not give any response to me. Right now i am using Android SDK 1.0 and i have also used SDK 1.1 but i got the same problem. Furthermore, i have also used jdk 1.5 and also 1.6 but i had not got any change.

I have also tried to create new workspace and also i have downloaded again SDK 1.1 and 1.0 for solution but still there is a problem.

Can any one have any idea about this problem?

Help me.
Thanks in advance.
pranav09
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby andreleitao » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Hi,

in fact this is a not common problem for me. But if you're using Windows you could try the old and nice CTRL+ALT+DEL and finish Android.exe process. It's a bad solution, I know, but it should work :).

Can you navigate normally through android applications when the emulator is running?
andreleitao
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Emulator Hangup-problem solved.

Postby pranav09 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:00 am

Hi,

Thank you for giving me reply. I would like to tell you that when i was running any application before closing the emulator, it was work frequently. But now my problem has solved. I still don't know how my problem has solved and now i can work properly. I haven't got any reason yet now. But it works and it's good for me.

Once again Thanx.
pranav09
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby andreleitao » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:29 pm

You're welcome, pranav. :D

Well, if it's working fine everything is ok. As some people says: "Computer Science is an Heuristic science". Sometimes our problems are solved misteriously and we don't know why.

Well, enjoy it. :)
andreleitao
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems