Emulator Crash with 2.0

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Emulator Crash with 2.0

Postby flohier » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:30 pm

Dear All,

2 questions;

- When running the 2.0 emulator, my application can’t pick-up a phonebook contact anymore:

o (1) when invoking an ACTION_PICK intent and when the agenda is empty, I get a menu suggesting that when pressing the MENU key, I be able to select a account. No menu ever appears when I select the menu button … Am I this only one seeing this ?
o (2) when an account is properly provisioned under the emulator and after that a phone number is populated, if I invoke the Menu button and select “Accounts” , I immediately get the following crash (without even using my application):

W/UsageStats( 52): Failed to persist new stats
I/ContactsListActivity( 102): Called with action: com.android.contacts.action.LIST_DEFAULT
I/ActivityManager( 52): Displayed activity com.android.contacts/.DialtactsContactsEntryActivity: 1311 ms (total 1311 ms)
W/UsageStats( 52): Failed to persist new stats
W/KeyCharacterMap( 102): No keyboard for id 0
W/KeyCharacterMap( 102): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin
I/ActivityManager( 52): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.settings.SYNC_SETTINGS (has extras) }
D/AndroidRuntime( 102): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 102): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001b188)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to uncaught exception
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): android.content.ActivityNotFoundException: No Activity found to handle Intent { act=android.settings.SYNC_SETTINGS (has extras) }
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.app.Instrumentation.checkStartActivityResult(Instrumentation.java:1408)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.app.Instrumentation.execStartActivity(Instrumentation.java:1378)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.app.Activity.startActivityFromChild(Activity.java:2989)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.app.Activity.startActivityForResult(Activity.java:2769)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.app.Activity.startActivity(Activity.java:2855)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivity.onOptionsItemSelected(ContactsListActivity.java:889)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.app.Activity.onMenuItemSelected(Activity.java:2170)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow.onMenuItemSelected(PhoneWindow.java:730)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuItemImpl.invoke(MenuItemImpl.java:139)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.view.menu.MenuBuilder.performItemAction(MenuBuilder.java:855)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.view.menu.IconMenuView.invokeItem(IconMenuView.java:525)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.view.menu.IconMenuItemView.performClick(IconMenuItemView.java:122)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.view.View.onTouchEvent(View.java:4179)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.widget.TextView.onTouchEvent(TextView.java:6532)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.view.View.dispatchTouchEvent(View.java:3709)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:882)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.view.ViewGroup.dispatchTouchEvent(ViewGroup.java:882)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindow$DecorView.dispatchTouchEvent(PhoneWindow.java:1643)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.view.ViewRoot.handleMessage(ViewRoot.java:1690)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4310)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:860)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:618)
E/AndroidRuntime( 102): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
I/Process ( 52): Sending signal. PID: 102 SIG: 3
I/dalvikvm( 102): threadid=7: reacting to signal 3
E/dalvikvm( 102): Unable to open stack trace file '/data/anr/traces.txt': Permission denied
E/ActivityThread( 52): Failed to find provider info for android.server.checkin
E/Checkin ( 52): Error reporting crash: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://android.server.checkin/crashes

Can somebody take a look at this on the Android team and also suggest what Intent an application needs to fire for a user to (A) enter a proper sync account and (B) retrieve a phone contact from the phone-entry associated with this account. I don’t think that this burden should be handled by end-user apps.

Thanks,
flohier
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems