Edit nanoFlash MXF on Avid MC and Free Burn MXF to DVD on Mac
Summary:In this article, I will tell you how to import nanoFlash MXF on Avid Media Composer on Mac.
HOOOOT News! Pavtube 2012 Thanksgiving Giveaway - Buy One Get One Free
If you buy Pavtube converter products (include MTS Converter for Windows or Mac, MXF Converter for Windows or Mac, HD Video Converter for Windows or Mac, Video Converter for Windows or Mac) in 2012 Thanksgiving Promotion - Buy One Get One Free (November 14 - December 10), you can get Pavtube Free DVD Creator (Wins or Mac). So if you need to burn Panasonic MXF files to DVD disc/ISO/folder, you can try Pavtube Free DVD Creator, now you can get Free on this product.
nanoFlash is the world's smallest, lightest, lowest-power, professional HD/SD recorder/player. The nanoFlash from Convergent Design represents a huge leap forward in tapeless workflows. Easily mounted to your camera, nanoFlash is designed to record higher quality images than the camera itself, by capturing never-compressed video/audio from the HD-SDI or HDMI output. nanoFlash utilizes the very high-quality Sony XDCAM 422 CODEC, recording the video/audio onto affordable and readily available Compact Flash Media, at up to 160Mbps (Long-GOP) or 220 Mbps (I-Frame). The footage can be stored in either Quicktime (MOV), MXF, or MPG file formats, providing near-universal NLE support as well as DVD / Blu-Ray authoring formats.
MXF format is great for record high-definition videos, it can keep the high quality. But, MXF format video is not easy to use because many editing software doesn't support this format, like Avid Media Composer on Mac.
How to import nanoFlash MXF to Avid Media Composer Mac? You will need to transcode nanoFlash MXF to DNxHDcodec, this codec is best supported by Avid. Pavtube MXF Converter for Avid is just the very excellent nanoFlash MXF video converter for you to convert 1080p HD MXF for Avid editing. You can follow the brief guide below.
1. Download Pavtube MXF to Avid converter for Mac, and follow the prompts to install the program. Click "Finish" when the installation is complete, and Pavtube MXF to Avid converter will launch automatically.
2. Click "Add" to load nanoFlash MXF video files or directly drag the files into file list. By default, the files are selected. If you would like to join all the selected files together, check the box of Merge into one. You could view the files in preview window, simply highlight the file and click play button.
3. Click "Format" bar to determine output format. The program offers particular output formats for Avid. Just click the format bar and choose Avid Media Composer -> Avid DNxHD (*.mov).
4. You can click "Settings" if you'd like to customize advanced audio and video parameters like video Codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, Audio codec, sampling rate, bit rate, channels. Do not forget to click "OK" to confirm your settings. Then type in a desired output location in the "Output" box.
5. Click "Convert" to start to convert nanoFlash MXF to Avid MOV video. You can set auto shutdown in progress window or leave it there and come back later. After conversion you could edit the converted nanoFlash videos in Avid Media Composer on Mac.
You can use Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac to burn MXF files to DVD easily, you can get 50% off.
MXF to iMovie for editing
MXF to Sony Vegas
MXF to FCP conversion