Documentation for Android SDK 2.2, API 8

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Documentation for Android SDK 2.2, API 8

Postby thilina1024 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:58 am

At the installation process, when I was required to select items to be installed, I could select all SDK 2.2, it's samples, Google APIs, etc. But, not the documentation for v2.2, API 8. Because, it was not listed under the "Available Packages" in the "Android SDK & AVD Manager". What I want to know is, whether something wrong has happened or not?.
Thanx
Nothing does matter. But your mind.
http://gplus.to/thilinamadhushankha
thilina1024
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Documentation for Android SDK 2.2, API 8

Postby raj_J2ME » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:52 pm

Welcome to the Android Forums :)

Well without the documentation you will not face any critical issues as far as the development in the android is concern. You will be facing the in built methods members definition issues as IDE will not show the hints as the no docs is available. You can attached the android docs anytime using the IDE.
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby thilina1024 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:45 pm

raj_J2ME wrote:Welcome to the Android Forums :)

Well without the documentation you will not face any critical issues as far as the development in the android is concern.

First of all, thanx for your reply. I really appreciate that. :) 'Coz, I just begin to learn Android.

What you're telling is true. Maybe, I just not have put my real question. :D Since I installed API 13 Documentation along, it will provide details that are not related to API 8. Isn't it?. & why that API 8 documentation was not listed?. How can I add it to that list (or in anyway) install it?. Hope you can understand my questions.
Nothing does matter. But your mind.
http://gplus.to/thilinamadhushankha
thilina1024
Freshman
Freshman

Postby raj_J2ME » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:00 am

Hi thilina1024,

Since I installed API 13 Documentation along, it will provide details that are not related to API 8. Isn't it?.

Well if you installed the docs for the higher API level, hence you can expect to provide the doc support for the lower versions too. If I am correct then it will show only the latest API level docs and not the all docs as per the API level.

Please go to the AVD manager and click on the installed Packages tab and probably you would be able to see the docs listing. Check and revert.
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems