Panasonic GF3 and GF2 are popular cameras released not long ago, they have different colors, and this makes it so fashion. What’s more, GF3/GF2 has excellent image quality; we can take high quality photos and videos with GF3/GF2.
You may have got GF3/GF2 as a backup of your DSLR, the same like me. What attracted me most is GF3’s high-definition recording feature; I often use my GF3 to record 1080p videos. But, GF3 and GF2 recorded video is in AVCHD MTS or MOV format, it’s not compatible with Final Cut Pro on Mac, we can’t import GF3/GF2 AVCHD MTS to FCP for editing directly, we need to convert GF3/GF2 AVCHD to FCP compatible format.
Final Cut Pro best supported video format is Apple ProRes Codec MOV format, so it’s a great choice for us to transcode GF3/GF2 footage to ProRes for editing in FCP (X), you may have the same need, please follow the steps below and you will know how to convert GF3/GF2 to ProRes for FCP.
1. Download Pavtube MTS Video Converter for Mac. It’s a professional converter especially for cameras and camcorders, which can convert GF3/GF2 AVCHD MTS to ProRes MOV format for FCP, more output formats are also supported by this converter.
2. Install and launch this GF3/GF2 AVCHD to FCP converter. Import GF3/GF2 recorded AVCHD MTS files to the software.
3. Click format column to choose the best output format. For editing GF3/GF2 AVCHD in FCP, you can click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov).
4. If you want to adjust output parameters of the video, you can click “settings” button to adjust resolution, bitrate and others as you want.
5. This software has edit function which is easy to use, such as trim, crop, add watermark, adjust effect, etc. you can edit GF3/GF2 footage before conversion.
6. Click convert button to start converting GF3/GF2 AVCHD MTS to Apple ProRes MOV format, after conversion, you can import GF3/GF2 footage to Final Cut Pro and edit freely without any codec problems.
Now Pavtube starts the Thanksgiving promotion activity, "buy one get one", if you buy converter products, you can get free DVD Creator, the time period is Nov.14 - Dec10, please take a look.