Clicking items in Graphical Layout not updating properties

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Clicking items in Graphical Layout not updating properties

Postby DieBagger » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 pm

This is driving me insanse and I can't seem to find any information about this...

Since updating to Android Development Tools 10.0.0 whenever I click on an item in the Eclipse ui builder for android (Graphical Layout view) the properties view still shows the values for the previously selected item. The only way to actually "select" an item is to click it in the outline window.

I have this problem on two different machines (although both are W7X64). I can't count how often I updated the properties of the wrong views/layouts today. Anyone else having this problem? Or even better did anyone come up with a solution for this?

I think I need a beer now... ;)
DieBagger
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Clicking items in Graphical Layout not updating properti

Postby aaaone » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:00 am

Same problem. Win XP, Eclipse 3.6.2, latest android sdk update (10).
It seems it became broken when I experimented with "pin this property view to current selection"
aaaone
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Clicking items in Graphical Layout not updating properti

Postby cimba007 » Sat May 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Having the same Problem here too. No Updates? Seems to be a no priority problem to be able to change the Properties. In addition I can not scroll through the Right-Click Propertie menu of the GUI-Elements. Working as intended when somebody has to click a "scroll-down-button" 10-20 times to reach a propertie?
cimba007
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems