Cannot test on actual Phone (via USB)

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Cannot test on actual Phone (via USB)

Postby reedpride » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Hello,

I am new here, and very new to coding and android. I have been working a lot of tutorials, and greatly appreciate the info on this site (thanks!). I have developed a few simple apps that work great on the emulator, however I am encountering issues trying to test these on my Motorola Droid 2.

I have updated the sdk, usb drivers 3, Downloaded all of Motorola's drivers, followed googles instuctions for deviceshttp://developer.android.com/guide/developing/device.html, and still am unable to find, or detect the device. I have exhausted my resources trying to find the problem, except I will try on a friends computer tonight if no luck.

My configurations:
Windows 7
Eclipse Galileo Build id: 20100218-1602 (I think java EE, if that matters any)
Motorola Droid 2, running Froyo
..anything else I am missing?

Thanks
JD

edit: I was also meaning to ask anyone how exactly they do it on their phone (even if not moto droid)
reedpride
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Cannot test on actual Phone (via USB)

Postby reedpride » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Okay.

I am able to download developed code to the phone now. It is more or less of a workaround solution at the moment; I re-downloaded everything and set up all the configurations running Ubuntu. It seems that windows 7 and moto have lots of adb problems, of which I could not alleviate (using solutions found by others). Maybe I can get the boss to get me a mac.
reedpride
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Cannot test on actual Phone (via USB)

Postby drewdoms11 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:35 am

This is an interesting topic. I'm an Android phone user and I also want to create features like text going to a voice text messaging. I saw a similar instruction from another site but it is not working on my phone when I tried it, I hope someone can make that as a topic.
drewdoms11
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems