Can't connect G1 to Eclipse

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Can't connect G1 to Eclipse

Postby Adam Twycross » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi guys- got a problem that's really getting me down! Please please can someone help!

I've just (finally!) got my hands on an unlocked G1 so I can test the apps I've been working on, but when I connect it to my PC via the USB cable, Eclipse doesn't see it!

Here's some information that might help someone see what I'm doing wrong:

I'm using SDK 1.1

I've downloaded the USB driver correctly (I can move files, such as pictures, to and from my PC and phone no problem.

I've got enable USB debugging checked on my phone's Application>Development section

The only problem is that within Eclipse's DDMS perspective view, my device doesn't come up once I've connected the phone, so I can still only run apps in the emulator.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm pulling my hair out here! :)

Thanks so much in advance

Adam
Adam Twycross
Freshman
Freshman

Postby anthony » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:27 am

hi,
could you please tell where i can download the USB driver? i'm struglling debuging on G1 too.
thank you very much!
anthony
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Adam Twycross » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Hey Anthony

Well, as I understand it, the drivers that we need are now bundled wih the Android SDK- I'm using 1.1, and the drivers are in a folder called usb_driver (at the root level, next the folders tools, samples, docs, etc) the x86 folder inside contains the drivers for 32-bit Windows, and the amd64 folder contains them for 64-bit, so you can choose the appropriate one depending on your system (assuming your on Windows).

There's really good step-by-step instructions on how to get it up and running here:

http://developer.android.com/guide/deve ... evice.html

As I say, though, it's still giving me problems, but fingers crossed you have more luck! Let me know if it works for you- I'm spending my Sunday surrounded by coffee and assorted confectionary, determined to get mine working!

Cheers

Ad
Adam Twycross
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Adam Twycross » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Well, goodness knows why, but I tried everything exactly the same at another machine at work, and it worked like a charm!

No idea why it won't work correctly on my main machine!

Anthony, hope yours is going well!

Ad
Adam Twycross
Freshman
Freshman

Postby anthony » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:09 am

Hi, Ad
thank you very much. I tried the driver you mentioned above, but my PC still cannot connecet to G1. My PC can not find G1,i can neither copy doc or pictures to G1 nor debug on G1. G1 is always "waiting for Debugger"

anyone know why?
anthony
Freshman
Freshman

Postby SkyNet800 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Try to execute this at command line:

[Android SDK Root]\tools\adb forward tcp:8080 localabstract:Proxy
SkyNet800
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems