Beginner: ddms: Failed to initialize monitor thread

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Beginner: ddms: Failed to initialize monitor thread

Postby tuuuuuey_roberto » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi,

I have recently started android development as part of my college course but when attempting to run Eclipse with the ADK on my laptop I keep getting the error message from ddms "Failed to initialize monitor thread: Unable to establish loopback connection" I have spent the last 3 or 4 days trying to fix this on my own, with Google searches yielding no help so it is in desperation that I other you for help. I will try to explain my situation and the things ive already tried as thoroughly as possible.

1. Installations
First off just to mention I'm running Windows 7 32-bit.

I have the latest Java Development Kit(7u1), Java Runtime Environment(7u1), Android SDK(using "installer_r15-windows.exe") and Eclipse IDE for Java Developers.

I install the JDK and JRE then try run eclipse which at this stage opens with no errors, I then run the SDK manager and install the latest SDK Tools(15), SDK platform tools(9), Android 4.0, Android 2.3.3 (but not the Dual Screen APIs) and the Extras folder. Then in Eclipse I install the ADT Plugin(v15) and am prompted to restart Eclipse. Upon restart I receive the ddms error message from above and If I attempt to run any programs I get the following

[2011-10-29 16:42:58 - Pong] Android Launch!
[2011-10-29 16:42:58 - Pong] Connection with adb was interrupted.
[2011-10-29 16:42:58 - Pong] 0 attempts have been made to reconnect.
[2011-10-29 16:42:58 - Pong] You may want to manually restart adb from the Devices view.

2. Things I've Already tried.
1 I Run the Bullguard Virus software but have attempted to run eclipse with the virus scan, firewall and inspector all turned off.

2 I have gone into the Android SDK folder found adb.exe then cmd executed adb kill-server then adb start-server which did nothing

3 I have tried running emulator.exe before trying to run the program in Eclipse but it wont start

4 I have uninstalled, redownloaded and reinstalled all 4 components multiple times.

I'm completely out of Ideas, patience and english language google search pages. Please Help.
tuuuuuey_roberto
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Beginner: ddms: Failed to initialize monitor thread

Postby tuuuuuey_roberto » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 pm

Problem Solved. Turns out despite switching everything off the problem was still the Antivirus. I couldn't get it to stop messing with things so I uninstalled it and am now running the free version of Avira
tuuuuuey_roberto
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems