Batch Convert and Import AVCHD MTS file to FCP with ProRes 4444 format
Summary: In this article, you will learn how to batch convert multiple MTS clips to Apple ProRes 4444 for editing in Final Cut Pro on Mac.
The Tutorial From mts-to-aic-converter.com
"I have recorded many MTS clips, and want to import to FCP7 project which I am running on a Mac OS X. I am well aware that MTS is not an friendly format for FCP. I just want to make sure my workflow sounds good to you folks out there. I plan to transcode/convert the MTS clips to ProRes 4444 footage in compressor and then reimport into my project with the sequence set at Prores. Can you recommended some software that supports batch convert my MTS clips? Thanks."
Apple ProRes 4444: This codec offers the best quality for 4:4:4:4 sources and for workflows involving alpha channels. It features:
- Full-resolution, mastering-quality 4:4:4:4 RGBA color, perceptually indistinguishable from the original material with excellent multigeneration performance
- Mathematically lossless alpha channel (up to 16 bits) with real-time playback
- High-quality solution for storing and exchanging motion graphics and composites
- A remarkably low data rate compared to uncompressed 4:4:4 HD (the target data rate is approximately 330 Mbps for 4:4:4 sources at 1920 x 1080 and 29.97 fps)
- Direct encoding of, and decoding to, both RGB and Y′CbCr pixel formats
How to batch convert multiple MTS clips to Apple ProRes 4444 for editin on FCP (X)?
Pavtube MTS Converter for Mac is an excellent batch MTS to FCP Converter for Mac, with this software you can batch convert multiple MTS clips to Apple ProRes 4444 for editing in Final Cut Pro. Here you can follow the easy steps to convert MTS clips to Apple ProRes 4444 codec on Mac.
1. Download and install Pavtube MTS to ProRes 4444 Converter for Mac, click "Add" to add MTS clips, or drag and drop to import the MTS clips to the Mac MTS to Apple ProRes Converter.
2. Click format bar to choose the format for output, you can click and choose "Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 4444 (*.mov)", it's best for high quality use in FCP (X), for common use, you can also choose ProRes 422, ProRes 422 proxy, etc.
3. You can click "settings" button to adjust the resolution, frame, etc.
4. Click "convert" button on the main interface to start batch converting multiple MTS clips to Apple ProRes 4444 for editing on FCP.
When the conversion finished, you can click the tutorial to learn how to import media files to FCP (X) for editing freely.
For more application, please visit MTS Column, FCP column, Sony Column etc. on http://www.pavtube.com/hot-topics/
You can also watch this Youtube video to learn how to convert and import MTS to FCP (X) on http://youtu.be/7H4y5C6n7TA
HOOOT NEWS! To celebrate the 2012 Christmas Day, Pavtube has carried out a new policy that as long as you have bought any licence of our MTS/MXF/HD Converter (Wins & Mac), you can free get Pavtube DVD Creator (Wins & Mac). For example, if you have bought HD Video Converter for Mac, it means that the top DVD Creator for Mac only cost you $0. Have you got one HD Video Converter for Mac or MTS Converter for Mac or MXF Converter for Mac? If so, my dear friends, don't be too excited, Pavtube DVD Creator for Mac can Free for you as a Christmas gift, with it, you can homemade Christmas Gift, free burn MXF/MTS/MOV/Tivo/MKV/AVI/VOB/MP4 etc. videos to DVD on Mac or Windows, on other more products, you can get a high discount up to 40% OFF, Coupon Code: PAVTUBE, are you still hesitating? please take a visit:
PS. If you have any problem, pls contact with firstname.lastname@example.org to get more information. You also can leave a message on Pavtube Community or Pavtube Facebook, we will answer your questions as soon as possilble.