AndroidSDK.exe won't run

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

AndroidSDK.exe won't run

Postby Chaoticandroid » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey guys,

I've been trying to run the Android SDK starter pack (to obtain the extra packages) for a few days now without much luck. Everytime i try to load up the SDK, i get the normal black execution window and 2-3 seconds later it vanishes without any trace of it ever trying to start up.

I have the latest Java JDK (6 u. 24) and JRE as well as Eclipse for java developpers and the android SDK starter pack you get from the developpers website.

I've been looking around for days to figure out what the hell is going on as well as i've been trying different ways to fix it without any success.

Help me out! please and thank you!

~Chaotic
Chaoticandroid
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: AndroidSDK.exe won't run

Postby raj_J2ME » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 am

Have you done all the primary settings required for the android development?
Like the steps mentioned http://androidforbeginners.blogspot.com/2010/01/getting-started-with-android.html,
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Re: AndroidSDK.exe won't run

Postby tomasrrp » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:57 am

I've been having the same problem, and I've also been looking all around for an answer. The closest to a solution I got, (I've already done it and it worked for me) is to create a new user account in your windows, and log in to that account, then simply run android sdk.

I did it, and worked, but I've been trying to find why, I'm trying to understand what's the problem so I can fix it (no luck yet).

I hope it helps you! (I also hope my english is good enough for you to understand my post XD )
tomasrrp
Once Poster
Once Poster

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems