Android working slow emulated

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

Android working slow emulated

Postby 1turk2rule » Thu May 26, 2011 4:29 pm

Hi, I'm not soo good at programming but im learning :) I have a problem. I downloaded android sdk and it works but its working dead slow when i launch any virtual device via android sdk manager i tried it from eclipse and its the same. Is there anything that i could do to speed android os working as a VM ? I'm using win 7 x64 bit
1turk2rule
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Android working slow emulated

Postby raj_J2ME » Fri May 27, 2011 7:31 am

Welcome to the Android Forums :)

Well, One thing that took you a little bit to realize is you do not need to quit the emulator and restart it to redeploy your app to it. Which saves a huge amount of time. just continue with the same instance. But I'm assuming you already know this :)

Additionally you can increased the Device RAM Size. Refer the below bottom part information at this page.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1554099/slow-android-emulator

Check and revert. :)
Thanks with Regards,
Raj - The Kernel
raj_J2ME
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby 1turk2rule » Fri May 27, 2011 12:13 pm

raj_J2ME wrote:Welcome to the Android Forums :)

Well, One thing that took you a little bit to realize is you do not need to quit the emulator and restart it to redeploy your app to it. Which saves a huge amount of time. just continue with the same instance. But I'm assuming you already know this :)

Additionally you can increased the Device RAM Size. Refer the below bottom part information at this page.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1554099/slow-android-emulator

Check and revert. :)

Thx for the reply, well i do know about that leaving it open" way and i did check that site before still no hope. My system is prettu powerful i7 quad core 8gb ddr3 ram etc etc but something seems to be not functioning properly, its as if android is working with 2-5 fps max lol couldnt be a issue to do with java jdk on a x64 system ? i read something about that ages ago. Thank you :)
1turk2rule
Freshman
Freshman

Postby bxm » Tue May 31, 2011 5:13 am

If you're doing any OpenGL work you need to realize that the emulator is running a software renderer to display OpenGL to the screen, which is miserably slow, and in addition to that it's running at probably 50% speed anyways due to the debugging it's spitting out.
bxm
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems