I had been developing and testing with the Android SDK r7 for a few months, and everything had been working fine (mostly). When r8 came out, I decided to upgrade to it to see what was new and to get the built-in support for proguard. It seemed great until I realized that my emulators no longer had network access.
I have searched the web for solutions to this problem, and none of the suggestions have worked. A lot of other developers have complained of emulator "no connection" problems, but no one seems to have linked the problem to r8 (which is why I'm posting this as a new thread as opposed to adding my two cents to existing threads).
I've tried all of these (though none of them were necessary when using r7):
* Disabling all other network interfaces (i.e. VirtualBox, VPN)
* Running netsh and disabling: ipv6, 6to4, teredo, isatap, etc.
* Changing advanced network connection options to make sure the primary interface is at the top of the list
* Rebooting (hey, sometimes it actually works
* Changing my DNS settings back and forth between static and dynamic
* Installing an HTTP proxy and running the emulator with "emulator.exe -http-proxy"
* Specifying the DNS server with "emulator.exe -dns-server"
* Using "Run as Administrator"
* Windows 7 (x64)
* jdk1.6.0_16 (I'm downloading u23 now in case it helps, but I doubt it will)
Networking worked fine while I was using r7, and at this point I am trying to back down to r7, but that does not seem to be possible. I can download the r7 SDK, but it won't let me download the platforms until I upgrade to r8. I don't have a backup of my r7 platforms because I upgraded in-place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.