ADB doesn't recognize droid

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

ADB doesn't recognize droid

Postby dallonf » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:21 am

Well, I just got myself a Motorola Droid, and was really excited to develop on my own device instead of an emulator, or "borrowing" someone else's.

When I plugged the phone into my computer and started debugging, Eclipse started up an emulator. I tried again, same issue.
I went into the command line and ran "adb devices" (the command to list all connected devices). Blank list.

It's a Motorola Droid 1 on Verizon running Android 2.2. My computer runs Windows 7 64-bit, and I use Eclipse for development. The USB drivers are installed, the phone appears in Device Manager as "Android ADB Interface", and USB Debugging is enabled.

Please help, development is the main reason I bought the phone!

Edit: Just tested a Droid Incredible with the same results, and I know that phone has connected to a development computer before. I think it's my computer, even though I already tried reloading the USB Drivers.
dallonf
Freshman
Freshman

Re: ADB doesn't recognize droid

Postby dallonf » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:35 pm

I have resolved this problem. For anybody with similar issues, update the USB drivers to r3, go into Device Manager and Uninstall the "Android ADB Interface", making sure to check the box that uninstalls the drivers themselves. Then, reconnect the phone. When it installs the drivers, you may have to manually point the computer to your android SDK folder.
dallonf
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems