A question for all dev

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

A question for all dev

Postby thelect » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 am

Hello,
I am an Italian student of University of Palermo. I am doing my thesis about the pricing of the apps in the mobile market stores (App Store, BlackBerry, Android Market). I will test various hypotesis, and I must know some important things that you can know.
1) Can the app's size indicate the complexity of the development?
2) Can I compare the size of apps of different market stores?
3) I noticed that in the BlackBerry and Android Markets, the apps' size is average lower, is this due to the type of programming?
Thank you very much!
(Sorry if it is the wrong section)
thelect
Freshman
Freshman

Re: A question for all dev

Postby oeN » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:12 pm

1º One thing isn't necessarily related with other. Ex: You can write hello world to the screen with several different ways, all of them are correct, all of them have the same complexity and all of them will have a different size. In the end all of them only writes hello world.
2º same app in apple store and android store the size is different, why? different programming languages, different compilers, different packages.
3º Don't know the size of the apps, but this question is related with question 2 different programming languages, different compilers, different packages.
Site: Link
Android apps: Link
oeN
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: A question for all dev

Postby robobrain » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:22 am

For #3, Android apps are smaller because they are written in Java. Compiled Java apps don't need to carry as much of a runtime library in the EXE as C/Objective-C/C++ program would.
Want to make Android Games?
http://www.robobrainsdk.com/beta/
robobrain
Freshman
Freshman

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems