a compilling issue using the android virtual device …

Common bugs/problems with the Android SDK the Emulator and the ADT-Plugin.

a compilling issue using the android virtual device …

Postby Q8Y » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:45 am

Hi

I have a question about the android virtual device(avd)... as what you already know, that you can test your android application through avd in eclipse, and i'm getting a boring repeted thing with that.

each time I want to test my application and when I make a small change to my application, I have to run the avd again and wait for a long time till the application run(switch the device on and wait for the system to boot and then wait for the application to start,this takes approx. 15 sec)... as I said, each time I make whatever change to the program I have to go through these boaring time consuming loop :( ...

So, is there is a way to avoid these issue, and makes the avd run only for the first time and any changes can take effect quickly and only needed to restart the application without needed to stop and run the project again ??

I hope there is a way for that...

Thanks alot...
Q8Y
Freshman
Freshman

Re: a compilling issue using the android virtual device …

Postby techkanika » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:22 pm

hi Q8Y..

you do not need to stop the avd again and again. You just need to save your changes and run your application.

right click on your project in eclipse -> run as -> android application.

it automatically runs application in present avd. If more than one avds are running, it will ask you to choose the one
in which you want to run the application.

Thanks
Kanika
Thanks
Kanika Rakheja
techkanika
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to SDK/ADT/Emulator Problems