Stuck in same state after wipe/flash/reboot

Postby humphrey74 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:47 pm

Hi guys. I have a serious problem with my SGS2. I rooted it with a tutorial from a german android forum. all worked fine.
Rooting was successful. (Have SuperUser App, ..su file access etc..)
But when I tried to flash a custom ROM, I figured out, that my phone always boots into the same state.

I tried several Firmwares, ROMS, 1-part firmwares, 3-part firmwares with PIT file and re-partition as well.
Boots into the same state.
tried wipe date / wipe cache in recovery mode -> after reboot, same state, same Buildnumber etc ..

Every flash with Odin (Ver.1.85) was finished with (green PASS) success.

All Apps I install via Market were gone after a reboot.
Messages stuck in same state after reboot.

It seems that my phone recovers a specific state while booting.
Anyone an idea? Please help ...

Greetz from germany
humphrey74
Once Poster
Once Poster

Re: Stuck in same state after wipe/flash/reboot

Postby PATNI231989 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:53 am

Even i faced the same issue once.. when i was restoring my custom firmware ( as i had to give my device for servicing...:P..) and i wiped the data cache and it worked fine...:)..:) hope it works for ur device too...
PATNI231989
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby mai77 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:26 pm

maybe check out ODINmaker. backs up & restores. takes a while tho and tested on few models only.
mai77
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Daphne » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Possible that you may have ended up with a bunk backup. Looking at the file size may lend a clue to that. But in any event, if an android restore fails, the only sensible option left is to full wipe and flash your way to a different rom. In this case, with the unfortunate side effect of losing the contacts UNLESS they were set up as Google contacts in which case they'll sync back on any rom.
Search and you will find.
Daphne
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby emmar » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 pm

I am currently looking into a career change and this post helped to see another aspect of the industry. I appreciate your article. bestech dharuhera | emaar mgf palm gardens
emmar
Freshman
Freshman

Postby devina » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:54 pm

PATNI231989 wrote:Even i faced the same issue once.. when i was restoring my custom firmware ( as i had to give my device for servicing...:P..) and i wiped the data cache and it worked fine...:)..:) hope it works for ur device too...

This issue is very common, when I first faced it I almost got a heart attack, thought my device was broken but once you play around with it a while it is not that hard to fix it :)
Look and you will see
devina
Freshman
Freshman

Postby cliffjumber99 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm

My Samsung S2 is also having some troubles but not the one that you have mentioned here, it usually have network troubles even if there is full network for other mobiles. Then I have to select the operator again to regain the network.
<a href="http://www.computer-repairservices.com/" class="postlink">computer service and repair</a>
cliffjumber99
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby Bestech » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:37 am

The Article is quite impressive and thoughts been put up has clearly got something to state. Nice Post!
Genset manufacturers
Producer gas
Bestech
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mildred10 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:48 am

I've been searching for details about this subject for longer than I thought it should take. Finally I got here and I think that your information is by far the best I've found around the internet. http://binaereoptionen.over-blog.com/ :D
mildred10
Freshman
Freshman

Postby hervepryderi » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:56 pm

I have the same problem and I am not sure how to solve it! Any update? Where can I read more? yacht charter Croatia
hervepryderi
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby jennas » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:28 pm

humphrey74 wrote:
opción binaria wrote:Hi guys. I have a serious problem with my SGS2. I rooted it with a tutorial from a german android forum. all worked fine.
Rooting was successful. (Have SuperUser App, ..su file access etc..)
But when I tried to flash a custom ROM, I figured out, that my phone always boots into the same state.

I tried several Firmwares, ROMS, 1-part firmwares, 3-part firmwares with PIT file and re-partition as well.
Boots into the same state.
tried wipe date / wipe cache in recovery mode -> after reboot, same state, same Buildnumber etc ..

Every flash with Odin (Ver.1.85) was finished with (green PASS) success.

All Apps I install via Market were gone after a reboot.
Messages stuck in same state after reboot.

It seems that my phone recovers a specific state while booting.
Anyone an idea? Please help ...

Greetz from germany

I have had the same problem about 1 month ago and it took me over a week to solve it. It was very frustrating and if you haven't solved it by now then I guess this is your lucky day.

Are you ready?

All you have to do is to change the version from 1.85 to an earlier one and it will work fine.

Good luck
jennas
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mike111 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:36 pm

Very impressive publication here. Moreover as I see, this question is very actual for many people indeed. Personally I totally agree with author opinion about this subject and I think that it would be really interesting to create such discussion with other this website visitors. Anyway thanks a lot one more time for the great and informative publication. And I will definitely be waiting for more such nice posts like this one from you. Mike from
TapAnyApp
mike111
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby raulb4s » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:39 am

Try to root you celphone again, sometimes the instalation can have errors and you don't even realize that they happen, so do that if it doesn't work try something else.
http://es.scribd.com/doc/173155717/empleosenguadalajara
raulb4s
Freshman
Freshman

Postby nathanmiller » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:05 pm

I also seen this problem before in my friend's mobile and he has to go to the services center at the end.
nathanmiller
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Samsung Devices