How to upgrade android 2.3 to 2.4?

How to upgrade android 2.3 to 2.4?

Postby felix05 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:30 am

I need a manual regarding upgrading the android Gingerbread OS to android 2.4.

I saw the download in one forum but i am not able to do it .

I need a good manual of rooting my Galaxy s2 to upgrade to Android 2.4

Thanks in advance.
felix05
Freshman
Freshman

Re: How to upgrade android 2.3 to 2.4?

Postby eojlin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:24 pm

I wanna know how to do this too. *watching this thread*
Anyone?
eojlin
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby Rodsengard » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:10 pm

AFAIK, there is no 2.4-version. This could be kind of "own" development of some devs. Just like Cyanogen ist based on 2.3.7 --- that´s farest version, I know in 2.x-version.
Further there are some devices with 3.x (Honeycomb) which are almost used in Tablets and -of course- new 4.x-versions, which are atm JUST for HDPI-devices.

Just read thread there and be sure, you know, what you are doing. If you are unsure, there might be steps, which instantly brick your phone.

I hope I helped.
Rodsengard
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Tiburon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 am

But if u fail your upgrade, during installation, your guarantee will be lost?Or is it possible to backup an old system?

Online Slot Tournaments
Tiburon
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Rodsengard » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:15 pm

If you fail upgrade it might be bricked.
If you upgrade via KIES it will now warranty void but there are other ways to upgrade, eg ODIN, CWM, where the first steps you do will cause waranty loss. Just always remember, NEVER upgrade a baseband with other method than KIES, if you don´t exactly know what you are doing.
Rodsengard
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Brynnae » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:04 pm

I had upgraded my smart-phone, but I have one question, Do I need to route my phone after upgrading?
Last edited by Brynnae on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Learn more about Magento Development and services at www.spinxwebdesign.com/magento-development/
Brynnae
Developer
Developer

Postby Julia » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:14 am

Viewsonic has exclusively told Pocket-lint that its recently announced ViewPad 4 smartphone will be packing Android 2.4 when it launches in April. And the update will produce an OS that has the ability to work with Honeycomb apps.

The news, aside from confirming the new handset’s release date, confirms that Android’s 2.4 OS will be out earlier than we previously expected.

And there’s a reason for that.

According to our source, the release date of version 2.4 has been brought forward to ensure that dual-core apps designed for Honeycomb (v3.0) will be able to work with single-core devices running v2.4.

Currently, our man on the inside says that’s not possible with version 2.3 (Gingerbread) hence the need to push to the next iteration and version number, but not change the name. It's most likely to be one of the main reasons we’ve yet to see any major manufacturer gunning to get Android 2.3 handsets out there.

“It’s to ensure compatibility with dual-core apps,” our agent explains before adding that “it will still be called Gingerbread.”

Wait, what?

That’s right, in a move that shows there is some kind of cover-up of the mistake of the lack of Android 2.3 devices on the market (aside from the Nexus S) 2.4 will still be called Gingerbread, as the only new feature it adds will be this ability to support dual-core apps on a single-core device.

This chimes with sources talking to Phandroid on Friday that stated:

"We’ve just gotten word from a trusted source that Google has begun building a new branch of code - being called GRI17 (Gingerbread post-Honeycomb, aka “Ice Cream”) - that aims to bring some of the new elements found in Honeycomb over to phones."

However, we now understand that not to be Ice Cream. Our source at Viewsonic tells us that he believes Ice Cream to be 3.1, making us believe that Google intends to spilt the 2+ and 3+ OS variants going forward.

Certainly, Viewsonic is excited:

“This latest update to the ViewSonic Europe ViewPad range will position the device as one of the first multi-media handsets to be supported by Google’s new operating system,” our man exclusively told us.

Aside from Android 2.4, the ViewPad 4 will pack flash 10.1, have HD 720p video recording, playback, upload, and mini-HDMI 720p display output. There’s a 5-megapixel auto-focus camera, Bluetooth 2.1 and 802.11 b/g/n wireless connectivity. You’ll also get a 4.1-inch screen for your trouble.
Julia
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Aston » Tue May 08, 2012 4:21 pm

You can upgrade Android 2.3 to 2.4 just by connecting with Samsung Kies and the select update OS.

But before updating OS, please do backup your phone then only start update. Thanks,
Aston
Freshman
Freshman

Postby jack23 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:35 pm

I would be upgrading to the latest version if there is one out there. The website has all the instructions that you need. It is not a hard process at all. http://www.accutraccapital.com/
jack23
Freshman
Freshman

Postby aanyad » Sat May 25, 2013 9:57 am

You're confused. There is no Android 2.4. Honeycomb is version 3. Ice Cream Sandwich is version 4. I doubt either has been released for your device. Run the software update from within the phone, that will give you the latest version available. I got the idea when I worked as magento developers india .
aanyad
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mildred10 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:23 am

Android 2.4 features that I personally do not change much what we were seeing. Google, emphasized the following points:
mildred10
Freshman
Freshman

Postby jennas » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:46 pm

jack23 wrote:I would be upgrading to the latest version if there is one out there. The website has all the instructions that you need. It is not a hard process at all. http://opzionibinarie-broker.myblog.it/

You definitely should, the latest version is much more stable
jennas
Freshman
Freshman

Postby davyjones » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Buddy there is no 2.4 Android version.
2.3.x is Gingerbread, after that Google released 3.0 Honeycomb.. So no 2.4.

If you wish to upgrade to 4.0 ICS then wait for your manufacturer to push updates for you. And for knowledge, your phone is upgradable to 4.1 Jelly Beans too.
davyjones
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby raulb4s » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:36 am

There's no such thing as Android 2.4 Gingerbread -- yet, says Google. The latest version of Android, which has already appeared on the Google Nexus S and HTC Desire S, is Android 2.3.3. http://empleosenguadalajara.blogspot.com/
raulb4s
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Samsung Devices