Word Wrench Trial

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Word Wrench Trial

Postby snctln » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 am

Hello everyone, I would like to announce my latest application available for download on the Android Market

WordWrench Trial
A game of anagrams

Trial expires Feb 1, 2009. Full version will sell for $1

Use the given letters to find 3, 4, 5 and 6 letter words
Find a 6 letter word to go to the next level

Press the "Wrench" button, space key, or shake the phone to reorder the given letters

Accepts touch screen, trackball, and keyboard controls

This game works in both portrait and landscape mode. You can use the touchscreen, trackball, or keyboard to navigate the entire game. You can also shake the phone to "wrench" the letters around. Supports sounds and vibrations.

When the market allows developers to charge for applications I will put up a non time restricted version for $1, and I will also put up a demo version with a very limited dictionary for free so that newcomers can try before they buy. Charging for an app may not be the most popular thing, but I definitely put in a lot of work on this game and I think it is the type of game with a high replay rate that would be worth a dollar.

Feel free to let me know what you think
snctln
Freshman
Freshman

Postby bleargh » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:37 am

Excellent job on a game (type) that I definitely missed from my iPhone.

One minor suggestion - while playing one handed (on the bus etc) using the touch interface, I find the submit button annoying. I know I probably shouldn't compare this to its iPhone counterpart but the 'other game' allows the player to double tap the blank spaces on the character selections to indicate a submission.

Other than this minor detail I'll most likely be purchasing the full version when available. Thanks for the effort.
bleargh
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby egyptian » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

Excellent game, I might end up buying it for my fiancee... she loves games like this :)

I agree with the post above for the submit. I've always had problems with smaller buttons and find it great to utilize dead space.

by the way... I have an app on the market too (4EverFall) and I find it really sad that people will give you 1 star JUST because they wouldn't buy it for a dollar. My thinking is... what does you not liking my charging for the game have anything to do with the rating of the game? Game ratings should go for the interface and the game itself NOT all these other reasons that people end up putting.
Without God, I would not have ANY skills.
egyptian
Developer
Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application