WiSyncPlus

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

WiSync+ 1.4.15 (R25)

Postby babycakes » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:05 pm

Hi,

This recent update seems to have fixed WiSync+ on my G2 phone w/ Donut. Before I was puzzled about why the "On WiFi connected/disconnected" triggers weren't working, but now they seem to work as expected. I actually decided to configure WiSync+ to disable APN & WiFi while the display is off, which has done wonders for my battery life and data usage. I used to be charging the phone every day, now it can be 4-6 days before it needs a charge (depending on how much I'm on the phone).

WiSync+ is the best utility I've bought for my phone. A total win for the few dollars it cost ! I recommend it to anyone that has an Android phone.

Best Regards,

- Adam McKee (Saskatoon, SK)
babycakes
Freshman
Freshman

Postby GregC » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Honestly, sales have been far below what I anticipated at this point. I guess that's true for most all Android developers. The fact that Verizon broke Android compatibility in Droid (does work on GSM variant of Droid, aka Milestone), in my opinion, has also prevented a direly needed and much anticipated uptake in sales. It also doesn't help that the ever popular CyanogenMod has broken DimBot and many other applications of the like.

So please let me be clear in telling you, spreading the word about WiSyncPlus and other GearSoft applications are absolutely appreciated. I can't say thank you enough!

WiSync+ is the best utility I've bought for my phone. A total win for the few dollars it cost ! I recommend it to anyone that has an Android phone.

I couldn't agree more. Given that many report a doubling of their battery life, even with lots of active use, its comparable to getting a second battery for only a few bucks. The cost analysis always leaves me confused as to why sales are not significantly better. Especially when a second battery typically costs $25-55 bucks, depending on which model you get and where you get it from. In comparison, WiSyncPlus is an absolute bargain.
GregC
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby ementat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Hello,

Is there some options to buy this excellent application in a different then Google Market way? My phone is not rooted and paid Market applications are not available in Russia :(

Best regards
Dmitry
ementat
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby GregC » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:54 am

Not at this time. Right now the Market is the only place to purchase it.
GregC
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

New WiSyncPlus Release

Postby GregC » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:56 am

1.4.17 was pushed to the market. This version includes minor tweaks and support for MMS.

1.4.17 Change Log

An Italian blog was brought to my attention. While I don't speak or read Italian, the following did catch my eye.

Stando alle nostre prove, un Galaxy i7500 che con APN attivati arriva a stento a sera, utilizzando WiSyncPlus copre quasi 2 giorni di uso normale contando una media di 20 minuti di chiamate, 10 SMS, 30 minuti di WiFi, 10 minuti di lettura RSS.

Which roughly translated, paraphrased means,
According to our tests, a Galaxy i7500 with an active APN barely lasts an evening. Using WiSyncPlus covers almost 2 days of normal use, including an average of 20 minutes of calls, 10 SMS, 30 minutes of WiFi, 10 minutes of reading RSS.

I'm glad to say these results are fairly typical. Its almost like getting a second battery for a couple of bucks. Average users typically see a doubling of battery life. Heavy users are able to make a full day with most devices without being tethered to a charger. And these are just on average. Some users report they can now go several days without hitting a charger, whereas before they couldn't last but a day. Obviously individual use dictates results.

So what are you waiting for?
GregC
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Previous

Return to Promote your Android Application