UltimateFavesPRO 2.6 introduces a special new MultiTasking feature: It integrates seamlessly with your favorite home app, and allows you to launch any carousel anytime, anywhere, simply by double tapping the Home button on your phone!
After installing the update, when you first press Home, the following dialog will be displayed:
Since this is the first time, a configuration wizard will be displayed: In the first step, select your favorite home app from the list.
If this is the first time you installed the application and you don’t have any carousels defined, the following screen will be displayed:
You can always start the wizard again by pressing menu -> Settings -> Home screen settings after you have created a few carousels, and then the screen would look like this:
This is where you select the carousel you want to launch when you double-tap the Home button.
The final step is only relevant if you reached the wizard from the settings screen, and you currently have another default home app set as default:
After pressing done, follow the on screen instructions if needed, and you’re all set: Double-tap the Home button and you can access your carousels from anywhere!
Suggestions for usage:
- Launch your Settings carousel to quickly enable Wifi / GPS when needed without leaving your current application.
- Reading an article on the web? Doing something important, but need to quickly send an e-mail? SMS? Make a call? Launch your predefined carousel with your frequent contacts, numbers, etc. After that you can return to what you were doing.
- Launch the running-tasks/processes carousel to quickly kill an application and free up memory on your phone, you can display up to 16 apps at once instead of the standard 6 (or 8 on Froyo).
- MultiTasking is only limited to your imagination!
What else is new in v2.6?
- Long-press the Search button to launch your last used-carousel.
- More carousel speeds!
- Improved carousel speed handling.
- Updated PayPal library.
Don't know UltimateFavesPRO yet?
Visit our web page: http://ultimatefaves.com/
Take a look at the introduction video: http://ultimatefaves.com/video/
(Current version has *tons* of other features!)
Here's a direct link to the market: