Ultimate Profile - Cheaper Locale alternative

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Ultimate Profile - Cheaper Locale alternative

Postby kec6227 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:11 pm

Ultimate profile is a profile app similar to locale. I initially just made it for me because I think 10$ for locale is outrageous. Its fairly simple and not extremely pretty. However, it's cheap in the marketplace. It's designed for Android 2.0+

Just search Ultimate Profile in the marketplace (by KEC Kode).

You can toggle wifi, change wallpapers, ringtones, and set phone to ring, vibrate, or silent - All based on profiles set up by location. Within profiles you can set up schedules. For instance I have a sleep schedule so my phone is silent when I'm Sleeping.

Also, there are events, which are location-independent and can be either recurring or single-occurrence. These have highest priority (with single events above recurring ones) and they turn off the service to save battery during the event.

The whole app has been designed for efficient battery use, and it shouldn't drain your battery at all. There are a couple fairly hidden bugs, but if anyone uses it and notices any bugs, please let me know and I will fix them asap. If there are any features you would want in there, let me know that too. I want to support my customer base.

I'm hoping for feedback in what works, what could use improving and comments in general.

Thanks,
- Kenton
kec6227
Developer
Developer

Postby kec6227 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Growth has been slow but steady. 15-20 downloads in 5 days or so. I may increase the price to $3 this weekend to see if it remains at a steady growth, so if you are interested, get it now.
kec6227
Developer
Developer

Postby kec6227 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:34 pm

I was wondering if anyone was able to try this. I have one report of an issue with the HTC Desire in the UK. If anyone has the phone, I would be grateful if they could grab my app, recreate the problem and send me the logcat error.

The report is that it force closes when the user saves a profile.

Thanks,
- Kenton

EDIT: Thank you everyone for the help, I have completed the testing and found the error.
kec6227
Developer
Developer

Postby kec6227 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:02 pm

For those interested, I have updated the app, and the latest release is for android 1.6 + (previously only android 2.0+)

If anyone using 1.6 experiences problems, please let me know.
kec6227
Developer
Developer

Postby kec6227 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 pm

For those interested, I added features this weekend.

All controllable features now include:

- ringer volume (silent, vibrate, and ring at different levels)
- ringtone
- Notification rigntone
- Wallpaper
- Wifi
- Using Lock Pattern
- Airplane Mode (for Events only)
- Screen Brightness
- Screen Timeout
kec6227
Developer
Developer

Postby kec6227 » Tue May 04, 2010 1:51 am

Just made it compatible with Android 1.5+

Hope you enjoy it, and let me know if there are problems.
kec6227
Developer
Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application