Turn you phone into a hand warmer! .:: Grelec App

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Turn you phone into a hand warmer! .:: Grelec App

Postby EGOSENTi.com » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:47 pm

For all those that missed our introduction or want to know more about us... please visit our website.

App Name: Grelec (heater in en.)
Category: Fun/Entertainment

M:Android .:: Grelec :
> > > click here to learn more about the application < < <

You need to open the download link on your android device in order to download the app.

Alternatively, you can send an SMS containing "AND 53" to the number +386 51 630 630.
You'll receive a direct download link in return. You will only be billed for one sent SMS at standard rate.

Please tell us what you think...
If you like it, leave a FB like vote...

Summary: Instantly change your android phone into a handy hand warmer. And do it in style. :cool:

About: Grelec will make sure you wont get frostbites on your hands in the upcoming cold winter days! Using some smart wickedry the app heats up your phone. After you install the app it is instantly ready for use!

Concept: The idea for this app came to us while enjoying our morning coffee... The next step was the development and design of the app. The majority of our problems were focused around heating up the phone... Today's smartphones have a lot of safety functions to prevent heating. Using some innovative ideas we finally managed to do just that, heat up the phone. The M:Android contest enabled us to present the application to the community.

Comments: At the moment the app is only available in Slovenian language, reason being certain restrictions imposed by the competition organizers. If you would like see Grelec in your own language someday, then please show us your support by votingfor the Grelec App. ;)

About M:Android contest: The contest is organized by the largest Slovenian mobile carrier, Mobitel and HTC corp. The public voting for the best Android app ends on December, 8th at midnight (CET). You can read more about the [url="http://tehnik.mobitel.si/natecaj-android/?gclid=CNqnj8CW8KICFULozAodin2fhQ"]M:Android contest here[/url]. For the list of 54 competing [url="http://tehnik.mobitel.si/m-android-glasovanje/"]app's click here[/url]. Sorry, both pages in Slovenian... please use [url="http://translate.google.com/"]gTranslate[/url].
I FEEL - the difference, the passion, perfection.
EGOSENTi.com
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Turn you phone into a hand warmer! .:: Grelec App

Postby blundell » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:06 pm

I assume this eat's battery? Have you got any stats on that?
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby EGOSENTi.com » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:01 pm

The application isn't as simple as it appears. In fact, the phones today are engineered so well that it's actually very hard to make them heat up. So, a lot of effort went into finding the best way to convert electric energy into heat efficiently. :idea:

The idea of simply draining the battery to generate heat was rejected from the very start as it might actually harm the user's device. If you try the app you'll see that the battery might become warm, but not actually hot. The power usage is about the same as if you would be watching a YouTube video or running a very demanding multimedia application, a 3D game for instance. :P

Another feature we implemented, in order to prevent any damage to the device is the automatic turn-off switch in case the phone's core temperate exceeds 46°C (115°F), which is well within the normal operating range for all Android 2.x devices. So please don't worry about harming your phone... Grelec is 100% safe to use. 8)

One more thing worth mentioning... The intensity and the speed at which the heat is generated varies from one device to another. We specially recommend using Galaxy S... It performs exceptionally well. :shock:
EGOSENTi.com
Freshman
Freshman

Postby blundell » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:45 pm

Yeah so you didn't answer my queston. It eat's battery. got any usage stats? It's not that hard to make a phone hot, as you say all you do is some physics on the GPU and bang 1 warm phone.
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby EGOSENTi.com » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:47 pm

blundell wrote:Yeah so you didn't answer my question. It eat's battery. got any usage stats? It's not that hard to make a phone hot, as you say all you do is some physics on the GPU and bang 1 warm phone.

Sure, it eats battery. What app doesn't? The key was in figuring out the most effective way to do it. If you want to know how much exactly, the above comparison will have to do. It's useless to mention any numbers as they vary from device to device, battery wear and other factors also.

As for your statement about using just GPU to heat up the phone... Trust me, you couldn't be more wrong. Yes, the GPU does play a role in heating up most devices. However, in some cases (HTC Desire for ex.) the GPU generates almost no heat, even when driven hard. To achieve the best possible result the app uses CPU, GPU, GPS. WLAN... And it uses these components in a clever way so it stays energy efficient. That's why Grelec works. :D
EGOSENTi.com
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Schermvlieger » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:44 pm

Hmmm I think this idea is as brilliant as using a loaded pistol as a hammer. But then again; I am sure the kind of people who will download and use this app are prime candidates for the Darwin award in the first place.
Schermvlieger
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby EGOSENTi.com » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:20 pm

Hello everyone!

Here's our newest promo video for the Grelec app... check it out and tell us what you think!
Grelec .:: PromoAd
It's only available in Slovenian at the moment, but we're working on the english version which should be up in about a week or so...
EGOSENTi.com
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application