TrueTrack Speedometer

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

TrueTrack Speedometer

Postby Wiseman20 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:54 am

Hey guys I posted my first application on the market. Its a GPS Speedometer! I know not very original but the gui is attractive, gives your heading and is an great accessory to your car. My speedometer is off by about 8 or 9 mph and bounces a ton so I decided to write this to assure my speed on long trips, to work, or just around town. Just put it in front of you on your dash and be reassured. If you guys have any suggestions I'd gladly look into it.

Ive tried out a few of the free speedometers and they are just very ugly and dont function well (dont close GPS listener in background) and they lock eventually! I tried my best to write this to be very functional and predictable for a car ride. So take a look.
Wiseman20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Re: TrueTrack Speedometer

Postby blundell » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:26 am

You could add some custome Intent listeners / broadcast receivers, that would allow other app's to call your app and it'll return the current phone's MPH that'd be cool ;-)
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Postby Wiseman20 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:19 pm

That would be cool, like to track your kids speed. I am probably going to add a needle for max speed and also for avg speed. I was thinking about adding a voice alert when you exceed a certain speed.
Wiseman20
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby blundell » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Sorry no I didn't mean by text message or phone call although that would be fun.

I meant other app's on your phone can use the functionality of your speedometer to return the MPH (instead of having to implement this themselves).

Get it to record your 0-60 time :-D you shout GO it starts recording and stops at 60mph hehe
blundell
Master Developer
Master Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application