TOF : Frets on Fire for Android (version 1.0.4 available)

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

TOF : Frets on Fire for Android (version 1.0.4 available)

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Get ready to rock with Frets on Fire port for Android: http://code.google.com/p/tapsoffire/

Release version is available: http://tapsoffire.googlecode.com/files/ ... ire104.apk
See Changelog.
Attachments
screen_1.png
screen_1.png (44.71 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
Last edited by Dmitry.Skiba on Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby grzegorz_ae » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:18 pm

sounds great ;)
grzegorz_ae
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Postby Frink » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:16 pm

I'd be happy to test :)
Frink
Developer
Developer

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:43 am

Lets test! :)
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby Frink » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:00 am

Had a few goes, I like the game, and the graphics are very nice. A couple of things I noticed:

The first time I played the song, for the first 20 seconds or so it kept lagging (pausing sound / game for a few milliseconds) it wasn't unplayable, but certainly wasn't smooth. It hasn't done that again since the first time, not sure if its a problem or just a random thing on my phone that time?

The notes are held down, despite me letting go of the button. I'm not sure whether its intentional, but on guitar hero you obviously have to keep the note pressed until the end of the line

I don't think its a bug but, I think it might be better to decrease the sensitivity of registering a note. There were some points, even on the medium setting, that I found it impossible to get the notes. I have the official guitar hero on android, and that's much more responsive.

Despite getting decent scores, I never gained more than half a star ranking at the end 8)

Hope that helps, the graphics are really nice and smooth in-game, and I like the way the menu looks and works.

Good job :D
Last edited by Frink on Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frink
Developer
Developer

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:00 pm

Frink wrote:Had a few goes, I like the game, and the graphics are very nice. A couple of things I noticed:

Frink wrote:The first time I played the song, for the first 20 seconds or so it kept lagging (pausing sound / game for a few milliseconds) it wasn't unplayable, but certainly wasn't smooth. It hasn't done that again since the first time, not sure if its a problem or just a random thing on my phone that time?[/list]

I will look into it, but unfortunately Android is laggy by (current) design - GC running in background process imact my foreground process too much. But I'm thinking of grabbing (almost) all free memory, so Android will close other applications :)

Frink wrote:The notes are held down, despite me letting go of the button. I'm not sure whether its intentional, but on guitar hero you obviously have to keep the note pressed until the end of the line[/list]

Yes, this is intentional, but I do not remember now, why I did it :) I'll try to change it and see how it is playable.

Frink wrote:I don't think its a bug but, I think it might be better to decrease the sensitivity of registering a note. There were some points, even on the medium setting, that I found it impossible to get the notes. I have the official guitar hero on android, and that's much more responsive.[/list]

I'm thinking of 'collapsing' (gluing) notes, which you practically will not be able to pick.

Frink wrote:Despite getting decent scores, I never gained more than half a star ranking at the end 8) [/list]

Hope that helps, the graphics are really nice and smooth in-game, and I like the way the menu looks and works.

Good job :D

Thank you!
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:07 pm

New (beta) version is out! See first message.
I've been finishing polishing and optimizing visuals, no big changes in gameplay for now.
But I promise there will be at least two beta versions before the end of 31, so stay tuned.
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:50 am

New version (0.7 still beta) is available!

It is still not competely finished and polished, but it mostly works.

This version includes new picking rules - you now can hold key through long notes to get more scores. Also you now can adjust game rules (picking and min notes distance) in advanced settings (Settings -> MENU button).

Also, number of bugs and crashes have been fixed.

Please test! It is last public version before ADC submission!
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:11 am

Release version is available! See first message.
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby Dmitry.Skiba » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:35 pm

Version 1.0.4 is available. This version fixes several bad bugs, so I encourage you to get it.
Changelog is here: http://code.google.com/p/tapsoffire/wiki/Changelog

From now on I will be doing some refactoring & playability changes.
Dmitry.Skiba
Developer
Developer

Postby max404 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:08 pm

Great game!!
max404
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application