Sound Manager

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Sound Manager

Postby droozen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:58 pm

My New App on the Market: Sound Manager

Quick and easy way to change any volume setting (Ringer, Alarm, Media, In-Call, or System volumes). Also can change Ring Mode or Vibration Settings, each of which you can create a shortcut on your Home screen to quickly access.

Main Feature: For any volume setting, you can set a timer. For example, for my Ringer Volume, I set a timer so 8:00 in the morning it goes to silent (because of my vibration settings, the phone gets put into vibrate mode). At 4:00 in the afternoon I have the volume turn back up. Now I won't forget to turn it back up!
Last edited by droozen on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby Jompe71 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Hmmm...
Is this a promotion of something you have developed or some kind of application idea or request, or do you want help with a special issue regarding your post?
I really can't tell either of it, to me it's just a simple statement of some kind ! :?
There is no school like old school gaming.
Jompe71
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby droozen » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Sorry, I guess you're right. That's not very clear. It's an application I developed that's out on the Android Market. (Sorry, I did put it out for $0.99. ;) )

I'm actually pretty excited about it because it's a feature I really wanted for myself when I got my first G1 last week. I plan to also make intents so other apps can hook in and provide quick access to the main screen, individual volume controls, and give the user the ability to set the days the timers are active, etc.
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby droozen » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:49 pm

I've gotten some intents working with this app now. Since the volume buttons are context sensitive anyways, this may have only a limited application, but I thought since it is a "Sound Manager" app, I should make it available. From any application, if Sound Manager is installed, you will be able to start an intent for volume control either to launch my app with all 5 sound settings available, or to launch a dialog to allow the user to manually adjust any one of the five settings. I'll also get an intent straight to the ringmode selection and straight to the vibration selections, too.

If any developers want a development copy of Sound Manager to try to integrate their application with, let me know!

Just in case this is too confusing, let me illustrate another way. If you have my app installed, another activity will be able to launch it to allow the user to manually change any of the volume controls, or to allow the user to change the ringmode or vibration settings. Or an app could launch an intent to have my app open up a dialog to change just one of their controls.

Let me know if there's any other API I should expose with this!
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby droozen » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:38 pm

I've got the next version of Sound Manager working. This one allows the user to set timers for the ringmode and vibration settings.

And, more importantly (to me), provides several intents for use by other applications. See http://www.openintents.org/en/intentstable for available intents. (Sound Manager provides Ringmode Control, Sound Control, Volume Control, and Vibration Control.)

If any developers want to incorporate these intents into their app, you can email me or private message me for a free copy of the application to develop and test with. Just let me know what you'd like to use it for. (Sorry, I'm sure many of you would like this to just be out on the Market for free, but I can't keep stressing and making apps if I'm not supported for it, especially when sometimes I even put my real job on the line. I hope you understand.)
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby droozen » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:36 pm

Sound Manager is now free! Try it out. Added mute/unmute, too.

I also just made it open source: http://code.google.com/p/app-soundmanager/

Well, not entirely. I have to wait until I can get home to upload the current source. If anyone would like to be Project Members, let me know. I especially would like a graphic designer for a few more icons.
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby droozen » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Looking for developers on this project, too, now!
droozen
Developer
Developer

Volume Control

Postby matany » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:07 pm

Hi

Great app.

Can someone tell me how I can set the volume to high and / or low and control it within my code.

I could not find the source code to the sound manager.

Thanks alot.

Yassin
matany
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby droozen » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:35 pm

It's hosted here on Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/app-soundmanager/
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby matany » Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:40 pm

How do I get the source where you are actually setting the volume to high etc.

Thanks

matany
matany
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby droozen » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:14 pm

The background code for the schedule to change volume is here, in a file conviently named ChangeVolume :D

We also change the volume from the main screen here, on lines 124 and 125, for example.
droozen
Developer
Developer

Postby matany » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:25 pm

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

I think then all I need from your code is then line this right? (If all I need to do is set the ringer high based on an event triggered)

1) get AudioManager Service
final AudioManager audio = (AudioManager) getSystemService(Context.AUDIO_SERVICE);

2) Here I am not sure. What if I want to set the ringer to LOUD?
audio.setRingerMode(AudioManager.RINGER_MODE_NORMAL);

3) How do you set it back to what it was before I triggered the alarm Is there a way to get the original state and save it so I can set it back to that ringer mode?

Also,

Would you know a way to lock the system and ask password?

Thanks for all your time.

Yassin
matany
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application