I've been developing an Android app for fun on my free time : RemixThem.
It allows users to "remix" their friends. Before anything, some screenshots (from the alpha) :
Edited face with the "manual edit" tool
I agree, this app is completely useless but I hope I'm not the only one that find it cool.
Basically, the user choose from two modes : The first one allow to remix one friend, by tweaking the position, rotation and scale of its elements (eyes, nose, mouth). The second one can mix two faces into one.
After some testing on a French forum, I'm now entering beta stage and would love more feedback.
Download the beta on the RemixThem webpage
Please report any bug, suggestion or idea in this topic. For bugs, please detail the device you are using and a complete list of manipulations that can lead to the bug from the application startup.
I will develop some new features in a near future, but I would like you to tell me if you want them and what you would prefer first :
- "mustache mode" : we can add some preset images on the face (mustache, glasses...)
- "celebrity library" : a preset face library with some pictures of famous celebrities
- automatic histogram modification for remix mode : Very often, mixing two friends doesn't work so well because of luminosity differences between the two images. I could make the color to be the same in both image with automatic image manipulation.
I may enter ADC2 (when it opens ^^) but I'm not sure on which category I should put the app :
1. Education/Reference Applications
2. Games: Casual/Puzzle
3. Games: Arcade/Action
4. Social Networking Applications
5. Lifestyle Applications
7. Media Applications
8. Entertainment Applications
9. Travel Applications
10. Miscellaneous Applications
After testing the app, could you help me to choose one category ? I hesitate between Entertainment, Media or Miscellaneous.
Thanks a lot for your feedback