Rapid Development / Iconic Memory

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Rapid Development / Iconic Memory

Postby metachris » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Hey everyone!

A friend and I had a three-day hacking session and released the game "Iconic Memory" yesterday on the market (in "Brain & Puzzle"). In the first 24 hours, it was already downloaded over 1000 times... We are absolutely surprised and very happy that so many people play and like it!

I think the key feature of the game is the global highscore, which gives a thrill and sense to gaining more points. In the testing process we never passed level 55, but in the first 10 minutes after the release, some players got to 60 and discovering a bug... (more in the link below). The web-backend was actually done with django (I can strongly recommend this framework, it took us only an hour or so).

Today we wrote a brief summary over the whole process in the hope to encourage people which think about starting a small project. It’s a great opportunity to get an understanding of the ins and outs of the whole process without spending too much time on it! (and thus not caring too much about bad feedback :p) I think this is exactly where independent developers have an edge over companies: flexibility (leading to increased speed).

Feedback is most welcome; I would also really like to hear about other people's similar and/or related experiences!
metachris
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application