PruneLogs - Manage your Call Log

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

PruneLogs - Manage your Call Log

Postby EddieA » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:31 pm

The way the Call Log works is crazy. Delete one entry, or delete everything.

Not any more.

Here's the initial version of an application to allow you to delete logs, based on a number of criteria.

As it's only version 0.1, it only supports deletion by Date. But there's more to come.

Any thoughts, suggestions, ideas, etc. are most welcome.

The apk has been signed, so should install without the SDK.

Cheers,
Eddie
Attachments
PruneLogs.apk
(14.29 KiB) Downloaded 368 times
EddieA
Freshman
Freshman

Postby EddieA » Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:02 pm

OK, so the ability to remove entries from the CallLog by running a program isn't exactly rocket science. But hey, it's the first time I've played with the Android SDK, so give me a break. :D

What I would like though, is some feedback, both on the application I've already posted, and the following idea.

For the one already posted, is there any interest is removing Log entries by other criteria than "age". If so, I can extent it some.

But, what I'm now looking at, is the ability to maintain the CallLog automatically. I've worked out how to intercept the broadcasts, to maintain the Log, as it gets written. My ideas, at the moment are, for preferences which will set up any combination of:

Automatically remove entries older than a specified age.
Only keep the last nn entries.
Only keep the last occurrence of a phone number, instead of every one.
Apply the above setting to either the complete Log, or separately to the Incoming and Outgoing calls.
Anything else, that people want to suggest. As long as it's practical.

So, feedback please, and if you think it's a lame idea, then feel free to say so. I won't be offended. :(

Cheers.
EddieA
Freshman
Freshman

Postby EddieA » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:36 am

OK, the first version of ManageLogs is now available for testing. This is the one that automatically keeps your CallLog in check, without having to remember to run anything.

All comments, and suggestions, are still welcome.

Cheers,
Eddie
Attachments
ManageLogs.apk
(15.33 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
EddieA
Freshman
Freshman

Postby EddieA » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:05 pm

Here's a new version of ManageLogs. There was a small bug in the first version, where part of the Missed calls settings were tied to an Outgoing calls checkbox.

Cheers,

Eddie
Attachments
ManageLogs.apk
(15.34 KiB) Downloaded 334 times
EddieA
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Gasoline » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:52 pm

EddieA wrote:But, what I'm now looking at, is the ability to maintain the CallLog automatically. I've worked out how to intercept the broadcasts, to maintain the Log, as it gets written. My ideas, at the moment are, for preferences which will set up any combination of:

Automatically remove entries older than a specified age.
Only keep the last nn entries.
Only keep the last occurrence of a phone number, instead of every one.
Apply the above setting to either the complete Log, or separately to the Incoming and Outgoing calls.
Anything else, that people want to suggest. As long as it's practical.

So, feedback please, and if you think it's a lame idea, then feel free to say so. I won't be offended. :(

Cheers.

Hello EddieA!

I like your idea and will download and test run the application in a moment.

Suggestions:
- I would love to have the calls grouped by contact and then, when clicking on the contact, having a list of the calls that were made/received for that contact
- (Actually the reason why I just started looking into this side of the Android) display the actual time the call was made/received instead of how long ago it was made/received
Gasoline
Freshman
Freshman

Postby EddieA » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:56 am

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any way to "replace" any of the built-in applications.

So, the only way to change the way the Call-Log is displayed, would be by writing a new application, that you would use to view it. The built in viewer would still be there, as part of the dialer.

Cheers,
Eddie
EddieA
Freshman
Freshman

Suggestion for new function

Postby Gasoline » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi Eddie,

So far, you program works fine on the emulator, might install it on the phone this week.

What about adding a function to remove all calls to and from a chosen number?
Gasoline
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application