PokeSite

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

PokeSite

Postby fognl » Wed May 13, 2009 5:42 am

Hi,

I released PokeSite a few weeks ago. It's a health-monitoring app for websites.

The basic idea is to let you set up sites to monitor, and get notifications if they fail to respond, return specific errors, fail to return specific data, respond too slowly, and so on. You can individually enable or disable checking for sites on the fly, and view the output from each site after it's been checked.
fognl
Freshman
Freshman

Pokesite - any documentation?

Postby bitHammer » Tue May 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Hi:
I just started using PokeSite, and would like to know more about its more advanced features. Right now I just have the URL specified, but I'd like to do more. Is there any documentation availabe? If so, where?

Thanks.
bitHammer
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby fognl » Wed May 27, 2009 5:21 am

Hi,

I just saw your inquiry about documentation. I just added a help page to the site-edit activity in PokeSite, which explains all of the various settings. Let me know if that gives you what you need.

Thanks,
Kelly/Fognl
fognl
Freshman
Freshman

Postby kuisma » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi Kelly,

I like the idea behind PokeSite, but it gives quite a lot of false negatives. I think it would be a good idea to retry for a few seconds before alerting the user about the site is down. This way temporary network glitches will not be interpreted as the site is down.

Best regards,
Kuisma
kuisma
Once Poster
Once Poster

Postby fognl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 am

Kuisima,

Funny you mention that. I'm actually working on some retry functionality right now. I should have something out before the weekend.

Thanks!
Kelly/Fognl
fognl
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application