[poll] Making a new Android game?

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Porting of my old J2ME game?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Sure, looks nice!
50%
Sure, looks nice but people won't pay for it.
No votes
Even with remastered gfx, game looks unintersting.
No votes
Haven't you got enough of failures already?
50%

Total votes : 2

[poll] Making a new Android game?

Postby Jompe71 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:56 pm

My last game on the market was a crash and burn unfortunately but tons of work was put into it.

I honestly assumed people was tired of having seen hundred+ different 4-in-a-row, soduko and connect-X-types-of-squares/circles-togerther games.

Therefore I created a remake of an old text adventure game but this was obviously not appreciated by the public.

Still I haven't "lost faith" in the Android platform (regarding games that is) even if I recently switched over to IPhone.

So what I really want to do next is a Android version of my J2ME game "Bit Spy". It will include quality music, remastered gfx, a website where people can submit their own levels etc.

BUT I will not spend months of hard work in waste, i.e. if you people honestly believe no one will play it.
This will also be my first non-free game since I'm done supplying free games and only get criticized by the end users.

Please use the poll since my future Android experience is dependent on it (5 day poll).

Old J2ME version @: http://www.bostream.nu/jompe/ (Bit Spy J2ME tab)
There is no school like old school gaming.
Jompe71
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby Jompe71 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Poll is over, interest = low.
Game will only be made for IPhone.

If anyone has an interesting widget idea and needs a hand, PM me please. I'm willing to contribute, need the experience. :D
Jompe71
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Dont stop from making the game

Postby SrinivasV » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:00 am

Hi
You got only 2 polls and that too this is not the users community its a developer community. So i suggest you to go ahead with building the game and try to market it through alternate channels.
SrinivasV
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Jompe71 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:48 pm

You got only 2 polls and that too this is not the users community its a developer community

VERY true, but user communities doesn't grow on trees for the Android platform and 2 answers on a poll doesn't say much in order of where the interest lies. In fact it is a proof of the low interest regardless of the genre of the forum but with this many frequent visitors.

So i suggest you to go ahead with building the game and try to market it through alternate channels.

Game will be built (actually in progress...), but will probably take a while since IPhone is my main focus.
I really would like to hear what other channels you're talking about. Since all my games are free, where will I find the most amount of interested players outside the market?
Jompe71
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby Kyros » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:44 pm

J2ME ports are what is killing the Android platform, people don't want rehashed versions of old games.
Its best to push the Android platform and start seeing what new stuff you can do with features that weren't available on J2ME.
This is why Gameloft have been such a failure on Android, they have just been porting there J2ME stuff. Those games may have done well on J2ME but look old and dont push the Android platform.
Kyros
Junior Developer
Junior Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application