how to prevent our application from the jail breaking

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Postby murali.lancer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi all ,i have a android application which is ready to release .so to release i have put the app in android market .the user can buy the app and can install the app into the phone.android market wont provide any apk file to the user .so normally we need not bother about re distribution of of the app to the unauthorized persons(who didn't buy the app).

But what my problem is ,I heard that there is a jail breaking concept which can allow the hacker to get the apk file(installation file) from the device .(even though android market not giving the apk file to the user ).

then he can distribute the apk file to all(to unauthorized persons ).how to avoid it.is there any thing to restrict the unauthorized person in using our app,even though he get the apk file .

does android market provides the details of the users who has buy the app by paying ?
like his IMEI number or his gmail account , or etc;

its very urgent if any body knows pls give me any idea .

thanks and regards

Murali dhuli
murali.lancer
Developer
Developer

Postby Boni2k » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 pm

If the phone is "rooted" the APK can be extracted from the phone memory easily. There is no protection against it. The only protection you can have is putting something like a request for a serial number in your application. So you would have to provide a key to your customer so they can activate your product.
I don't know if Google Market gives you any contact details.
Boni2k
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby murali.lancer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Boni,thanks for your reply.

If he gets the apk file from jail break concept ,he can decompile (reverse engineering)the code ,and he can get the source code right .

and one more thing ,if he has the apk file ,then he will install application normally like a ordinary user .(and who we have to activate the our application for him also like a normal user )so we dont know whether he has buyed our application or not ,right?.

which serial number we have to ask him ,

how can we differentiate the hackers and normal users(who paid).

Murali dhuli
murali.lancer
Developer
Developer

Re: how to prevent our application from the jail breaking

Postby Boni2k » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:42 pm

murali.lancer wrote:and one more thing ,if he has the apk file ,then he will install application normally like a ordinary user .(and who we have to activate the our application for him also like a normal user )so we dont know whether he has buyed our application or not ,right?.

Yes.

which serial number we have to ask him ,

how can we differentiate the hackers and normal users(who paid).i

Well there is one thing you can do: Put your app on the market for free but on start you require a serial. The serial can be dependant on the phone id. If the user wants the full version they can pay you by Paypal and so on and get a serial code from you. This all is just theory, I'm not into making shareware...

Regards
Boni2k
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby murali.lancer » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:46 pm

very thanks for your reply ,

this is a very good idea .i will try to implement this .
if posssible can u give me ur mail id so that i can share more with u .my mail id is

murali.lancer@gmail.com

Murali.dhuli
android developer
murali.lancer
Developer
Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application