GravityRinger: Use gravity to silence your phone

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Postby plusminus » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:21 am

The camera getting dark as an indicator is basically good, but battery issues and the fragile lens knock that idea out :?
Image
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
User avatar
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Schriesheim, Germany

Top

Postby ninor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:17 am

MrSnowflake wrote:Belgian Beer is the best! West-Vleteren, West-Malle, Grimbergen, Orval, Duvel, Jupiler, Stella, Cristal, ... :D

I heard that in Belgium there's more beers than people :D
Well, you gotta show me all the good ones when I'll visit you in Q1 '09!

MrSnowflake wrote:OT: Could you tell me what you imagine on doing with the camera?
You mean, when the camera is dark? Heh, haven't thought about that yet :). But that could work, tough it'll use a lot more battery power. On the plus side, the phone will be silent at night :).

When a minimum of time has passed, and the phone is moved (and maybe it goes back to still), check the camera for an instant and see if there's any ambient light.
If it's dark and in a range of daily hours (i.e. between 08h and 21h) set the volume UP, and if it's in the other range of hours ("sleep" hours) set the volume OFF.
That's with the possibility of changing those parameters and settings.
Image AndDev: Your Android Development Community / Tutorials | Here's my Basic ToolKit
User avatar
ninor
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:30 pm
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Postby MrSnowflake » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:29 am

plusminus wrote:The camera getting dark as an indicator is basically good, but battery issues and the fragile lens knock that idea out :?
I don't see what a fragile lens has to do with it?

ninor wrote:
MrSnowflake wrote:Belgian Beer is the best! West-Vleteren, West-Malle, Grimbergen, Orval, Duvel, Jupiler, Stella, Cristal, ... :D

I heard that in Belgium there's more beers than people :D
Well, you gotta show me all the good ones when I'll visit you in Q1 '09!

Hehe That's awsome: More beer as people :) Love it. If I have the time, why not :).

ninor wrote:
MrSnowflake wrote:OT: Could you tell me what you imagine on doing with the camera?
You mean, when the camera is dark? Heh, haven't thought about that yet :). But that could work, tough it'll use a lot more battery power. On the plus side, the phone will be silent at night :).

When a minimum of time has passed, and the phone is moved (and maybe it goes back to still), check the camera for an instant and see if there's any ambient light.
If it's dark and in a range of daily hours (i.e. between 08h and 21h) set the volume UP, and if it's in the other range of hours ("sleep" hours) set the volume OFF.
That's with the possibility of changing those parameters and settings.

It's a good idea to only use the camera when the orientation of the phone 'dramatically' change. But I recon this would require a lot more tweaking for it to become realy usefull.
User avatar
MrSnowflake
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Flanders, Belgium

Postby ninor » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:16 pm

Well, the idea is on the table.
If it's well implemented, it could be a good contender for the Android Developers Challenge.
( :idea: Or when the Android Market is alive, to sell it for 1 buck)
Image AndDev: Your Android Development Community / Tutorials | Here's my Basic ToolKit
User avatar
ninor
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:30 pm
Location: Barcelona, Spain

Postby MrSnowflake » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Yeah even for €1 you would gain millions :). Ok, at least a couple tousands I guess :D.
User avatar
MrSnowflake
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Flanders, Belgium

Postby MrSnowflake » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:14 pm

In the SDK is a SENSOR_LIGHT which measures the current lux. So this could be used, but I suppose this isn't present on the G1?
User avatar
MrSnowflake
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1439
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:11 pm
Location: Flanders, Belgium

Top

Postby plusminus » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:05 am

Maybe light is measured with the camera also :?

MrSnowflake wrote:Yeah even for €1 you would gain millions :). Ok, at least a couple tousands I guess :D.


Yes, most of my applications/games will go out for $1 or €1 depending on the freedom the Android Market will give. Multiply that with the mass of Android devices that will exist in the next years and one can earn good money :)

Regards,
plusminus
Image
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
User avatar
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2688
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:37 pm
Location: Schriesheim, Germany

Top
Previous

Return to Promote your Android Application

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests