Google News (regional)

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Google News (regional)

Postby pgalley22 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:20 am

Google News (regional) is a kind of "clever bookmark" to access to mobile editions of Google News.

There are more than 50 regional editions provided by Google. This application will automatically suggest to the user the most suitable edition based on the current language defined in the phone and the current position of the user.

For people having their phone’s locale matching the Google News edition they usually read, it’s not very useful. But for others, like me (based in the French speaking part of Switzerland near Geneva), without this application we will be directed to the wrong edition (In my case the browser usually shows me the French edition)

I developed this application to fit my own needs (and as a kind of Android development exercise) and it seems that other people like it too.

So far it’s (roughly) available in English, French, German, Italian and Spanish languages.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you detect bugs or translation mistakes. Any suggestions about improvements will be welcome.

On Androlib
--
Romandroid.ch
Le site de référence pour l'activité Android en Suisse romande
pgalley22
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application