Gemini Calendar - my vision of calendar software

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Gemini Calendar - my vision of calendar software

Postby powell » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:14 pm

Hello Everybody!
I have just released a beta version of my Gemini Calendar and I am really interested in your opinion about it.
You can download the app from the Market (search Gemini Calendar)

Here are some screens from the program:

Image Image

First, small introduction, why I wrote a calendar software.
I know, that there are plenty of calendar widget for Android. There are nice looking plugins for the home screen, that show the basic information about your agenda, meeting etc.
But everything I have tried, was rather static and concentrated on month view or agenda view separately. In such programs you usually see the month view with days marked with stars/triangles/dots/whatever, to see what that marked day contains, you must change view, open new window etc. For me it is not comfortable.
I remember a simple calendar application on my Nokia, where you could just point a day on the month view and you can see (instantly) what is going on that day. O.k., maybe there are such programs for Android too, but I could not find it. Besides, I just thought that my vision will be better :P
I have also some other ideas, that would make my life better, if they were implemented in the calendar. Lets hope my ideas will meet requirements of others, too.
If you are kind enough to try my software, please, pay attention to the system of date/time entering during a new event creation. I am REALLY curious, if you like such a way of data input

(Hint: when in new event window, touch the date field, it will be marked and the special touch field will appear - see the second screen above. you can change the values of the field by moving your finger along that field)

I will really appreciate if you write your opinion about my software. It is a beta version, I know there are bugs in it, but I hope it is already usable and you can play with it. I am planning to work hard to make it better, I have many ideas for the new features, but right now, I just need to have some feedback from the users.
powell
Freshman
Freshman

Postby powell » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:14 pm

I have released new version (0.9.3) which is much faster than previous one, I hope you will enjoy it.
Now it is time to add some new features to the Calendar, stay in touch, I will update again soon.
powell
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Gemini Calendar - my vision of calendar software

Postby malcie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:10 pm

looks sweet, any chance of grabbing the calendar source, or at least a tip of how you did it.

I need a calendar in my poker app that I am writing.

Thanks
malcie
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application