Gas Trip Up On Market

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Gas Trip Up On Market

Postby hspain » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi All,

I just published my first Android app on the market and wanted to know if anybody had some feedback to offer. This is a simple start to the app that I want it to eventually be, so any additions or enhancements you'd like to see, please let me know. The description is as follows:

Gas Trip will allow you to see the cost of your car trip in real time. Simply load up the application, specify your MPG and watch as Gas Trip finds the lowest price of gas in your area and determines how much you are spending based on your speed and distance traveled. You can use this to help split the cost of a carpooling trip, to expense travels for work, to find the cheapest gas in your area with directions, or to simply gain instant knowledge on how much you are spending on gas for the trip you are on.

Thanks everyone. I look forward to being a part of this community.

- Harrison
hspain
Freshman
Freshman

Postby plusminus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:04 am

Hi hispain,

if I could download apps from the market (my G1 cheats me on that :( ) I'd love to test it :)
Do you have a screenshot to post :?:

Regards,
plusminus
Image | Android Development Community / Tutorials
plusminus
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GasBot » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:58 am

I tried downloading your app and I couldn't figure out how to get it to show me the nearest gas prices. Is it something that shows up automatically while you're driving or something?

Also, how are you getting the pricing information?
GasBot
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby hspain » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:07 am

You can see screenshots and other information pertaining to Gas Trip and future Android apps I have in development at:

http://androidprogress.com

GasBot -
You can see the current gas price and address for that gas station if you press the button that says 'Gas Found'. I am currently working on making that more user friendly and possibly listing multiple gas sources. The gas price feature in Gas Trip is intended to work mainly as a way to get ball park prices for calculating your trip cost, though I will probably release another app that builds out the finding closest and cheapest gas functionality. As far as how I get the gas price, Im not sure I can release my methods quite yet, though maybe some time in the future.
hspain
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application