Game, Casual: Diffuse

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Game, Casual: Diffuse

Postby gperco » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 am

So I have my first app up on the market: Diffuse. It already has a bunch of downloads which is pretty cool.

If you'd like to check it out, just search for "Diffuse". It doesn't do much... I would have liked to add more to it and make it into a real-time fluid dynamics sim, but I don't think the G1 can handle the computational load. Already just to get this working I had to use opengl.

Another issue that I thought of right as I submitted the app was that people will not know what to do when they first run it. All you do is touch the screen, but you can never assume people will try that.

The pixellation is an issue, but it'd hard to fix that. Increasing the resolution would be too much for the cpu to handle, and trying to blur the image might do the same. Any suggestions there?

One more thing: The grid here is a bunch of squares in opengl with a color associated with each square (4 points around each square). Calculations are done in a 2d array of colors, then assigned to the squared during render. Would it be faster to have one big rectangle (4 points total), then have a 2d texture with the colors on that? If I did that, I'd have to have a way of altering the texture at each render step.

Well anyways, I hope you like it.
gperco
Freshman
Freshman

Postby Emmanuel7 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Could you post a link, a got a lot of responses when looking just for diffuse (or android diffuse game )
Emmanuel7
Senior Developer
Senior Developer

Postby gperco » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:50 pm

It's in the Android Market. I'm not sure if I can link to it.. But it shows up in the Market if you are using an actual device.

Also, I'll have an upgrade uploaded within a day or so.
gperco
Freshman
Freshman

Postby gperco » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:32 am

Uh oh...

In updating the app in the Android Market, I've hit a big problem. The .apk is signed correctly, and the uploader allows it, but when people try to do the update on their phone, it fails claiming the package is not signed correctly.

It does seem to work however on a fresh install, as in uninstalling the old version before trying the new one. This leads me to believe that the package is in fact signed properly, but something else is still wrong. Any suggestions???

Alternately, is there something I need to do when signing the new .apk file that is different from the standard? Do I need a new key?
gperco
Freshman
Freshman

Postby mortefer » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:10 pm

When I uploaded an update for one of my apps, i used the same key as for the prev version and everything worked fine.
mortefer
Experienced Developer
Experienced Developer

Postby egyptian » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:46 pm

I think you have to use the same key for the update process to go smoothely. You've got a great app, how about a popup at the FIRST time of running the game (DialogAlert) or something that says "thanks for trying out my app, here's how you use it, bla bla bla :)"
Without God, I would not have ANY skills.
egyptian
Developer
Developer

Return to Promote your Android Application