FantastischMemo is a advnaced Spaced Repetition Software(SRS) for learning flashcard using the world-famous Mnemosyne algorithm. The interface is simple but quite functional for both new comer or power user. Never heard of SRS? It is a kind of flash card software that let you learn the facts/languages/other things you need to memorize in a QA format. The software will use an adaptive algorithm to let you repeat the card in an interval based on your performance in order to maximize the efficiency.
The key features are as follows:
* Well tested and highly efficient Mnemosyne algorithm for fast learning
* Text-to-Speech feature to aid language learning. Support multiple languages
* Convert t he Mnemosyne XML directly to database on the device.
* Edit or create the database on device
* PC tool is provided to convert Mnemosyne XML, CSV, tab TXT file to the database
* A collection of database is provided in Market to try out.
* Text format can be changed to fit different database and screen size.
* Each flashcard can be edited or deleted on the device.
* Simple, easy-to-use and power saving interface.
* Free and open sourced.
Download: Search FantastischMemo using Market and download it. FantastischMemo DB Installer provides a lot of pre-converted databases including various languages and facts.
Mnemosyne-proj researches into the long-term memory and release the world-famous program called "Mnemosyne". Here is a describtion of Mnemosyne.
"The Mnemosyne software resembles a traditional flash-card program to help you memorise question/answer pairs, but with an important twist: it uses a sophisticated algorithm to schedule the best time for a card to come up for review. Difficult cards that you tend to forget quickly will be scheduled more often, while Mnemosyne won't waste your time on things you remember well."