Hi Friends, We have just published our first android application (To replace default dialer and call log) in market and looking forward to add several more features in coming few days. I would like to invite beta testers and other enthusiasts to test the application on various android phones. Any feedback and suggestions from the experts and users here will be greatly appreciated.
Easy Dial is an advanced dialer and call logging application for Android based phones. The application tries to overcome the usability problems in the default applications provided by Android for this purpose. It offers all of the standard features in default dialer & call log with much more in a user friendly and efficient way.
1) T9 Search from the standard number pad.
2) Fast search without any lagging between the dialing actions.
3) Check notes associated with contacts on the same screen
4) Ability to dial multiple numbers associated with contacts from the same screen (Use horizontal swipe or scroll track ball to switch through numbers)
5) SMS or Email a contact directly from the dialer screen
6) View contact cards or call history directly from the dialer screen.
7) Customizable options for fonts, search criteria, button actions and so on
Call Log Features
1) Advanced call log with grouping. No more multiple instances of the same record in call log.
2) No maximum limit for number of entries in call log.
3) View complete history of a log entry with summary of different call types.
4) Integrated Search feature in call log. No need to scroll through the long list of call records to find a desired entry.
5) Delete single or all instances of a record from the call log.
6) Ability to delete all entries prior to a certain record.
1) Integrate Favorites
2) From the dialer screen, ability to search last dialed numbers along with contact search. Similar to HTC Smart Dialer.
3) Higher degree of customization.
4) Improved skin with more appealing UI
5) When in call log, ability to mark certain records as protected so that delete action does not remove those records.
6) Long press on 1 to dial the voicemail.
7) Add full fledged tab for contacts which will overcome the default contacts issues. Like missing numbers beneath the names.</i>
Android Market Place
Easy Dial will let you dial a contact or individual number with the ease of T9 search on your regular number based keypad. Application can get integrated with the default call button and pressing the button then after will directly open the Easy Dial window. To dial a number, just start typing the first few letters of the contact name and it will search for the matching records in the contacts database. If no record is found, it will let you dial the individual number from the same window. The notes associated with individual contacts are also displayed on the same screen.
Application also allows the users to create text messages or emails directly from the dialer screen. Thus eliminating the extra steps to open the respective application, choose the contact and so on.
It maintains its own call log which overcomes various usability issues in the default call log application. A significant improvement is call grouping. The default call log creates a new entry for each and every call, be it from the same number. Like if you dialed 123 for 100 times, it will appear in call log for 100 times. Easy Dial fixes this problem by offering a call grouping mechanism. Here, each number will appear only once in call log and then clicking on the entry will open the history of the calls for the selected numbers. Apart from this, it also offers a summary of total calls with duration (in, out and missed) on the same screen. An advanced search mechanism is also provided apart from standard filters for incoming, outgoing and missed calls.