Aspose development team is proud to announce the availability of Aspose.Words for Now you can have all the powers of Aspose.Words whendeveloping applications for the Android operating system. Aspose.Words for Android is a document creation, conversion and manipulation component for Android developers, which supports performing a wide range of document processing tasks with any Microsoft Word formats. Aspose.Words for Android is a new product but at its core is already backed by more than half a million lines of code from its parent component, Aspose.Words for Java, from which it is automatically ported from. Aspose.Words components are proven in their field for high fidelity conversions, rich API and ease of use when working with Word formats to perform tasks such as loading, converting and manipulating Word documents. Aspose.Words for Android and has been introduced to meet the growing need of quality document conversion and management tools for mobile development.
Formats Supported on Load and Save
Formats Supported on Save
The most notable new and improved features in this release are listed below:
- Copy and move document elements between documents.
- Join and split documents.
- Get and set built-in and custom document properties.
- Specify document protection, open protected and encrypted documents.
- Find and replace text, enumerate over document content.
- Accept all revisions in a document.
- Insert HTML text.
- Use all standard Microsoft Word mail merge fields in your reports including - MERGEFIELD, NEXT, NEXTIF, ADDRESSBLOCK, GREETINGLINE.
- Execute mail merge for documents that contain even the most complex and nested IF fields and formulas.
- Populate and dynamically grow tables or fragments in the document from your data source using mail merge regions.
- Easily generate reports that contain master-detail (parent-child) data such as - Order/Order details.
Aspose.Words for Android 1.0 has been built from the mature codebase of Aspose.Words for Java 13.1 but this first release has the following limitations:
- Rendering to PDF, XPS works, but only one font will be used in the output document.
- Some problems might occur when converting images in particular pixel formats (e.g. black or garbled image in the output).
- Document encryption and digital signatures are not supported.
- Printing is not supported.
- Mail merge might not work with all databases.