Contacts! Widget

Search for BETA-testers and/or promote your own Application in a decent way.

Contacts! Widget

Postby zuggabeck » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Contacts! Widget 1.0 can now be downloaded in the android market.

This is a widget (4x1) for your homescreen, showing your favorite contacts (the 4 contacts that you have dialed most) with name and picture. With a click on a picture, you can call the person, write a sms or email.

Check out my blog for updates and screenshots: Contacts! Widget

Future updates will bring various options how much contacts and which contacts are shown by the widget (eg. the top 4 contacts in the call log).
zuggabeck
Freshman
Freshman

New version 1.1

Postby zuggabeck » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:00 pm

Contacts! Widget: new version 1.1

New in this version: Now you can choose, if your favorite contacts or the last 4 dialed contacts are shown.
zuggabeck
Freshman
Freshman

Postby zuggabeck » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 pm

Contacts! Widget 2.0 released

People who downloaded my app asked me two questions: Why is it not possible to directly define which contacts the widget displays? Why is it limited to only 4 contacts?

Well, now you can directly choose which contacts the widget displays. And the limitation to 4 contacts is also history.

New features:
- Define your own list of shortcuts
- Unlimited number of contacts
- Build groups of widgets and give these groups names
- compatible with Android 2.0

For example, you could define a group called "Work" where you put all your business contacts and another one called "Friends & Family". You could dedicate a whole screen to a call log, or split a call log up by putting a widget with 4 positions on the center of the homescreen and 2 more widgets (=8 shortcuts) on the right or left screen.
Now it's up to you :-)

For more details, visit my webpage.
zuggabeck
Freshman
Freshman

New Version on the market (v2.3)

Postby zuggabeck » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:44 pm

New features:

- Now various widget sizes are available (horizontal and vertical): 2x1, 4x1 and 1x2,1x4
- "King size" - Widget: Displays one contact with a large photo in a 2x2 - sized widget
- Default Actions. If you want, you can define default actions for your shortcuts (dial, sms, mail with one click)
- Better performance when configuring the widgets
- If you don't need contact names beneath their photos you can simply hide them now
- Updated UI of the configuration dialog
- Updated UI of the widget for smaller screens

- Tested on HTC Magic (Android 1.6) and Emulator (1.5, 2.0, 2.0.1)

Screenshots
zuggabeck
Freshman
Freshman

Return to Promote your Android Application